Associate, Mid-Atlantic Region
UNICEF USA is based in NY and operates nine regional offices throughout the country. Each regional office is focused on building long-term partnerships with high level donors through personal relationships, special events, and opportunities to be engaged strategically with UNICEF’s work. The Mid-Atlantic Regional Office is based in Washington, DC and works with donors in West Virginia, Virginia, District of Columbia, Maryland and Delaware. The Washington, DC office also serves as UNICEF USA’s Office of Public Policy and Advocacy.
The Associate will be responsible for three key functions of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Team:
- Fundraising support activities, including research, targeted outreach and personalized stewardship, support to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Board, and donor database management
- Support for special events strategy, logistics and committee management
- General office management and administrative support, including coordination with fellow DC office members and teams, headquarters and eight other regional fundraising teams
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Support for office fundraising outreach through prospect research and list management, including creating and maintaining a prospect matrix and coordinating outreach with volunteers and staff.
- Serve as the knowledge expert on the UNICEF USA donor database, including responsibility for donor pipeline updates, mass communications, and donor interactions.
- Maintain donor records in UNICEF USA database and other formats.
- Organize the Regional Board and committee meetings, including logistics, meeting materials, and follow-up.
- Provide a high level of support for the Regional Board. Manage relationships with board member assistants.
- Maintain MA Regional webpage, coordinate personal thank you calls from volunteers, and other stewardship opportunities
- Support the regional team and Board Members as needed for donor meetings. Provide as needed research on proposals/projects and donor interests.
- Support Mid-Atlantic Speaker Series, small cultivation events, and the Mid-Atlantic Region’s contributions to the UNICEF USA Annual Summit.
- Provide high levels of customer service and create excellent guest experience for all events from start to finish.
- Lead logistics for all events, including:
- contracting with vendors
- preparing and sending out invitations, receipts and other correspondence
- managing RSVPs
- coordinating travel arrangements for staff outside the region and speakers
- preparing internal and external briefings and reports
- preparing and gathering event materials
- promoting the event, researching guests and sponsor prospects
- updating the UNICEF USA database with guest attendance
- Support management of events committees as needed.
OFFICE MANANGEMENT and ADMINISTRATION
- Serve as the main point of contact in the DC office for all admin, IT, and finance requests.
- Provide back office support to ensure accurate financial records, compliance with company policies and procedures and ability to evaluate team performance
- Facilitate team productivity and efficiency through coordination with colleagues from different departments in the Washington, DC office. Manage team calendar and office meetings.
- Field general inquiries from the public and direct them to the appropriate UNICEF USA staff
- Recruit, engage, manage and evaluate Federal work-study students, interns and administrative volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years event and/or fundraising experience
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work in diverse teams, and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, time-management, and oral and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, flexibility in high-pressure situations, and the willingness to assist with all tasks needed to ensure the success of the office team
- Willingness to take initiative to propose new solutions and identify new opportunities
- Understanding and experience in a fundraising/development role is preferred but not required
- Must be a team player, and a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who embraces the mission of the UNICEF USA
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with donor databases, CRM and BOX a plus
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
To Apply- All Applicants Must Apply Online at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=930
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.