The primary responsibilities of the Associate, Payroll are to:
* To manage regional payroll workload.
* Process assigned payroll payments and any outsourced payrolls accurately and obtain the necessary authorization for payments.
* Maintain the payroll master file in conjunction with information and instructions received from HR, Project management and Operations teams, and the Finance department. Ensuring that all increases, adjustments, leave, variable pay and bonus provisions are accurately calculated and recorded.
* Process payment of expenses or allowances as authorised.
* Ensure that the payroll outsourcing provider is updated with all changes as required, all data and figures provided to them are accurate and submitted on time. Liaison and regular communication with any payroll outsourcing providers that Palladium uses.
* Liaise and process service termination functions and the onboarding of new employees.
* Verify all transactions for compliance with Palladium’s HR and Financial policies and procedures.
* Coordinate the transfer of salary funds to the bank.
* Respond to queries from employees and external agencies on payroll and benefits related issues.
* Ensuring proper filing of all payrolls records and maintains confidentiality of records and also updating and maintaining all other employee related records (electronic and paper).
* Ensuring compliance with reporting requirements, processing retirement/superannuation payments, group and payroll tax as per legislation requirements.
* Lodgement of Business Activity Statement information to the various businesses by due dates.
* Year-end processes and reconciliations for Payment Summaries.
* Year-end reconciliations and payments to relevant authorities.
* Assist line manager with audit request documentation.
* Formulating any reports as requested by Management, HR, or Finance.
* Monitor and contribute to continuous improvement in the payroll and business processes.
* Assist with advice to other payroll functions in the designated region.
* Manage transition from monthly to semi-monthly payroll.
* Manage impact of ERP implementation from a regional payroll perspective.
* Any other duties assigned by the Senior Associate, Payroll and Global Manager, Payroll.
The role reports to the Senior Associate, Payroll. Reporting requirements include:
* Attendance (via phone/skype, etc.) of all weekly and monthly team meetings.
* A monthly management report on the status of payroll and any other important areas of concern.
* Exception reports as and when required.
* The incumbent will report to a line manager based in the same location.
* The role may be required to liaise closely with:
* HR Operations and Compensation & Benefits Teams
* Financial Control & Project Accounting
* Project Management Teams
* ADP Team, Retirement providers, other providers
* Country Tax Authorities, Region Revenue Offices, Worker’s Compensation Insurance companies and any other Government or official authorities, both domestic and offshore.
* Senior Management and Employees
* A high degree of autonomy and initiative is expected with appropriate consultation where applicable.
* The role will be required to analyse and make sound recommendations to the Global Manager, Payroll on process improvements.
* The role administers the effective management of payroll (internal and outsourced) for all employees including consultants.
Minimum education and experience required
* Payroll Management Certificate or similar
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in full function of Payroll processing
* Experience working with Deltek GCS or Costpoint accounting system
* Experience working with major payroll systems, ADP experience advantageous
* Knowledge of multi-state payroll taxes
* Understanding of payroll principles, practices, regulations and procedures
* Understanding of basic accounting practices and procedures
* Diploma or Degree in Accounting advantageous, but not required
Key competencies and professional expertise required
* Exceptional standard of written and verbal communication skills
* High level of attention to details and accuracy
* Quick starter; Ability to deal with complex problems, employment contracts and related issues
* Ability to work independently and be able to operate as part of a team and able to communicate in a friendly and polite manner
* Sound decision making skills
* Ability to communicate effectively within different cultural contexts and negotiate persuasively with high level as well as other employees
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.