Chemonics seeks an Associate Procurement Specialist for its Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement Supply Management (PSM) Project, located in Arlington, VA. This role is an exciting opportunity to enter the realm of international procurement. The Specialist receives requisition orders (ROs) from country offices and other clients, supports and ensures contract compliance for procurement and supplier contracts, and obtains sign off from clients on finalized Ros for their selected commodity type and work closely with the Country Teams, the Quality Assurance team and the Deliver/Return team. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project improves the availability of health commodities and provides supply chain technical assistance. The project has three primary objectives: 1) global commodity procurement and logistics, 2) systems strengthening technical assistance, and 3) global collaboration.
- Assist in updating the RO for internal approval and coordinates - with the country teams for USAID mission approval with the support of the Supervisor
- Together with the Forecast and Plan team and the Supervisor, determines whether requested products can be procured by internal distribution order (DO), supplier purchase order, or whether competitive sourcing is required
- Assist in organizing Source Selection Evaluation Board (SSEB) for each sourcing project
- Draft RFXs (RFIs, RFPs, RFQs) leveraging evaluation criteria to gather requirements, determine evaluation criteria weighting, and develop technical questions
- Help team conducts eRFX (RFI, RFP, RFQ) events using ARTMIS e-sourcing platform
- Monitor the tender submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, and compliance
- Evaluate proposals from eRFX with guidance from the Supervisor, leveraging standardized scoring methodologies
- Assist in the management of data related to the tendering process
- Provide proactive and courteous customer service communication both verbal and written formats
- Follow up on inquiries in a timely fashion
- Continuously work to improve and broaden health commodity product knowledge
- Liaise with Quality Assurance team and Lab Specialist team to ensure that requested health products meet appropriate quality standards and are in line with the (USAID) guidelines
- Liaise with Deliver/Return Coordinator (Freight Team) to ensure all proper waivers and documentation are received on time to enable on time pick up and shipment of products to destination
- Stay abreast of and communicates any changes in contractual requirements
- Minimum 1 year of procurement, supply chain, and/or technically relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of USAID and other Federal Acquisition Rules
- CIPS, CPSM, or other relevant procurement certification preferred
- Technical product knowledge of one or more GHSC-PSM product areas preferred
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Willingness to work overseas for up to 4-8 weeks per year and to consider long-term overseas assignments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Language proficiency in English required; fluency in a second language desired
Apply through our Career Center at the job opportunities site on myHR at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=3351 by September 30, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.