The Development Innovations Group (DIG), an international development firm based in Bethesda, Maryland, is seeking a well-organized, self-motivated individual for the position of Associate Program Officer or Program Officer. Ideal candidates will have exceptional writing and analytical skills, budgeting skills, a passion for international development, and foreign language proficiency (French preferred). The position is based in Bethesda, Maryland.
Activities for this position will include:
Program Support & Management:
- Provide backstopping support to DIG programs worldwide, reporting to the Director of Global Program Management;
- Write and edit program progress reports and other deliverables;
- Track deliverables to ensure their timely submission to donors and clients;
- Help ensure compliance with donor regulations;
- Create, track, and maintain programmatic budgets using Microsoft Excel;
- Prepare and review purchase orders, expense reimbursements, and invoices;
- Coordinate and direct logistical and administrative requests from the field;
- Assist with translations, as needed;
- File documents;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Draft and edit sections of technical and/or cost proposals;
- Maintain and update DIG website and marketing materials, including social media;
- Conduct research for proposals.
Ideal applicants have the following skills and experience:
- Interest in a career in international development;
- Master’s degree in international development, economics, political science or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience for Program Officer position (one year for Associate Program Officer)
- Experience with USAID
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and detail-oriented;
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the year.
Salary and position (Associate Program Officer or Program Officer) commensurate with experience. Please send CV, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and title the message: “Associate Program Officer/Program Officer position.” For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.developinnovations.com.
Development Innovations Group is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.