The Associate, Project Delivery supports management of one or more projects in the Economic Growth and Governance Practice (EG&G) within the Americas Regional Business Partnership (ARBP) of Palladium International LLC. The specific purpose of the Associate, Project Delivery (“Associate”) position is to facilitate the management and implementation of effective and efficient program delivery, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies and client rules and regulations.
The Associate reports to the Manager, Project Delivery, who in turn reports to the PMU Project Director.
* Support project start-up and closeout;
* Participate in the development and maintenance of project work plans;
* Support training of project staff on company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations (covering as required security, risk management, HR management, monitoring, reporting, finance, procurement, logistics, communications, audit support);
* Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting (for example: Monthly Management Reports (MMRs), quarterly Internal Project Reviews (IPRs), project risk assessments, and client deliverables);
* Ensure project issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, and escalate risks and issues to PMU project director, as required;
* Conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls in collaboration with Internal Audit/Systems Review;
* Support the development of project-specific subcontract, grant, and procurement procedures in compliance with the company’s standard operating procedures and client’s rules and regulations.
Procurement, Subcontractor and Grant Management
* Support the development of project subcontractor / grant management procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations;
* Monitor and report monthly on the status of partner budgets/invoicing and grants;
* Assess project subcontractor and grantee capabilities, and support capacity building efforts;
* Coordinate the processing of service provider work orders and invoices;
* Review and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with company anti-corruption and due diligence processes;
* Ensure asset management procedures are undertaken and conduct spot checks.
Client Relationship Management
* Support the monitoring and maintenance of compliance with head/prime contracts;
* Draft and support contract amendments as required;
* Process contract action requests (e.g. personnel approvals, partner, grant, budget realignment);
* Liaise with and respond to requests from clients;
* Support project advocacy with internal and external stakeholders.
* Set up project bank accounts with appropriate company and project signatories;
* Ensure deadlines on the project management calendar are adhered to;
* Monitor expenditures against budgets and forecasts;
* Assist with project financial / cash-flow planning, process funding requests from the field, and process field office funds transfer requests;
* Review field vouchers to ensure coding is accurate and supporting documentation is complete;
* Assist in ensuring the accuracy of client invoices;
* Reconcile and report expense advances monthly;
* Support the external audit process and ensure retention of project records is compliant with company policy.
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
* Coordinate input and support from HR for recruitment and contracting;
* In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures are in place and adhered to;
* In collaboration with HR, ensure staff performance management systems are in place and adhered to;
* Maintain project data on relevant HR systems for short-term and long-term staff and consultants;
* Support the mobilisation and demobilisation of all international staff (short-term and long-term) including contracting, travel management, payments and induction;
Business Development / Other
* Participate in capture planning, recruitment efforts, and cost and pricing.
* A relevant degree;
* Relevant work experience;
* Fluency in English
* Experience working in a developing country or similar environment;
* Project management of administrative support experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s) preferred; and
* Working proficiency in Spanish.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.