Job Title/Grade: Associate Recruiter/Recruiter/Senior Recruiter, MENA-Afghanistan (6-8)
Department: Delivery, MENA-Afghanistan
Reports to: Regional Finance and Operations Manager, MENA-Afghanistan
Date: May 25, 2018
Function of the Position:
DAI’s Delivery department in the MENA-Afghanistan region is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual with full life cycle recruitment experience and/or other relevant experience in international development to join its team. The ideal candidate will be able to recruit individuals for positions identified on current DAI projects, covering a wide variety of subject matter areas. The Associate Recruiter/Recruiter/Senior Recruiter will also support administrative tasks related to compliance with recruitment and human resources policies and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead recruitment assignments that require creative applications of knowledge to specific recruitment challenges
- Work with Senior Geography Recruitment Manager (SGRM) and project hiring managers to develop position descriptions and candidate rosters
- Source appropriate candidates through internal and external networks, industry events, DAI’s internal recruitment database and online electronic resources
- Follow standardized processes to screen and select the best candidates, ensuring compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications
- Facilitate decision-making by hiring managers to meet hiring deadlines
- Negotiate candidate salaries, benefits and allowances within project budget constraints and client regulations
- Ensure that all staffing documentation submitted complies with donor specifications (including letters of commitment, references, due diligence, and other project documents) and is saved appropriately in DAI’s systems
- Tailor candidates’ CVs to address qualifications required for roles specified in SOWs; provide other writing inputs for client nominations and approvals, as needed
- Assist SGRM in proactively identifying project priority needs and available resources, and maintain recruitment trackers on the status of candidates
- Track progress with teams and ensure recruitment quality and compliance standards are met
- Coordinate, mentor and train staff supporting project recruitment as needed
- May participate in project startups as the Startup Recruiter, as needed
- Coordinate with DAI’s Afghanistan Operations Office, the SGRM and Office of General Counsel to conduct SAM checks on potential candidates as required
- Assist DAI’s Human Resources department with background research required for the issuance of employment certification letters for former MENA/Afghanistan employees as required
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Grade 7: Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Grade 8: Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team environment with only general direction
- Ability to take responsibility for assignments and report on progress with minimal oversight
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to collaborate with staff across the Delivery teams, business units, and project field teams; enthusiasm for taking on new challenges
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work effectively with diverse teams and handle many tasks simultaneously, often with strict deadlines
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe.
Equivalent combinations of experience and training/education will be considered.
- International experience (i.e., living, working, studying abroad)
- USAID project or proposal recruitment experience
- Experience in MENA/Afghanistan Region
- French or Arabic language skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.