Background: Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
This position will report to the Vice President of Structured Finance and Investment & International Development. (Previously Financial Sector Development).
- Analyze various investment structures, private sector investment options, and capital markets;
- Make presentations to clients and colleagues on technical subjects relating to capital markets, blended finance, public-private partnerships (PPPs), investments and/or ESG investing;
- Represent Nathan as technical expert, facilitate workshops, and hold stakeholder meetings on field visits for relevant projects;
- Draft reports and models for clients; and
- Technical knowledge in capital markets, blended finance, ESG investing.
- Serve as project manager for designated projects including: deliverable coordination, technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, review of final products;
- Maintain and manage a positive working relationship with consultants and clients;
- Draft terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects; and
- Training and instruction of junior staff
- Manage proposals and business development initiatives;
- Provide technical and overall inputs for proposals and business development;
- Participate in overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key private and/or multi-lateral clients (World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, USAID, FDCO, USTDA or others); and
- Conceptualize and draft marketing materials in consultation with communications staff.
- MBA or Masters degree in relevant field such as Finance, Economics, Business, or related technical area preferred;
- Four (4) or more years of progressively responsible technical experience in finance, international development, or economics;
- Experience in project management for various clients, preferably experience with World Bank, USAID, and other multilaterals;
- Experience leading and writing proposals for development finance institutions, international development organizations and/or other multilaterals
- Fluency in Excel and preferably with some modeling experience;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in second language;
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities, critical thinking skills;
- Able to work independently and in teams on assignments; self-motivated professional with attention to detail and passion for development;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience working in and willingness to travel overseas; and
- US work authorization
- Relevant experience in financial and economic analysis and modeling, use of statistical software;
- Experience working in portfolio management, investment banking, fixed income or equities
- Technical experience in blended finance, capital markets, or general investment structuring and fund mechanisms
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish, French or Portuguese language.
About the OrganizationNathan Associates Inc. is an employee-owned economic consulting firm. Established in 1946, the firm claims more than six decades of experience, a full-time staff of over 100 professionals, and a record of successful assignments the world over. Our mission is to provide high-quality, innovative consulting services to help private and public sector decision-makers solve the practical economic, financial, and management issues of today and tomorrow.
Nathan Associates has worked in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Europe. USAID and multilateral lending institutions such as the World Bank fund most of our international work, but individual private firms and foreign governments also request our assistance.
Internationally, our clients are public and private sector decision-makers responsible for setting policy and for overseeing performance of entire economies, sectors, business enterprises, or government agencies. We provide these policymakers and managers with economic, financial, and management analysis and assistance in strategy and program planning, institutional development, privatization of state-owned enterprises, and program and project implementation.
In our 63 years of consulting, we have worked extensively both at the macroeconomic level and in a broad range of economic sectors: transportation and other infrastructure, industry and commerce, financial services, natural resources, and agriculture and environment.
Despite the geographic and economic diversity of our assignments, two themes remain constant throughout Nathan Associates' work. First, in all our projects, we strive for collegial collaboration between our consulting teams and the management and staff of our client institutions, creating a shared sense of purpose and direction. Second, whenever appropriate, we emphasize technology transfer and human resource development for our client personnel, whether through formal workshops, seminars, and short courses, or on-the-job training.
Competition, innovation, and reward are the economic forces of life. The solutions we provide clients are powered by an understanding of these forces.
For more information about Nathan Associates, see our website: http://www.nathaninc.com.
More Jobs from this Organization