The Associate for the Women Deliver 2019 Conference will play a project and coordinator role in convening diverse communities in an innovative and inspiring space for dialogue, evidence and solution sharing, accountability, and action in order to ignite collaboration and a bolder movement toward gender equality and improved health and wellbeing of girls and women. The Associate will coordinate activities leading up to, during, and after the conference in Vancouver, Canada, 3-6 June 2019, on and off-site.
The Associate will serve in this capacity from June/July 2018 – September 2019. The Associate will dual report and support both the Senior Manager, WD2019 Conference as well as the Senior Advisor who oversees the plenary program. The Associate will work closely with the other Conference Associate who supports the Senior Manager, WD2019 and the Concurrent Advisor. This is an opportunity to work with a conference staff and team to integrate the latest technologies with world-class content to make the world’s largest conference on gender equality a global game changer.
Accountabilities with Senior Manager, Conference:
- Serve as a project coordinator for the Women Deliver 2019 Conference.
- Schedule and support calls and meetings with partner organizations including managing conferencing technology, agendas and follow-up.
- Manage databases including Salesforce and Smartsheet.
- Manage general information email accounts, answer general information requests, coordinate with other team members to address more involved requests.
- Work closely with event staff on logistics.
- Represent Women Deliver in meetings and at events.
- Serve as a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team champion.
Accountabilities with Senior Advisor, Plenary:
- Provide project and admin support to the Senior Advisor who oversees the plenary.
- Develop plenary speaker database and update key details regularly.
- Conduct plenary speaker research, develop fact sheets with bios, photos and other relevant information.
- Draft plenary speaker letters and related correspondence.
- Assist in developing plenary sessions – including session themes, speakers and format.
- Work closely with Communications on plenary speaker outreach.
- Schedule and support calls and meetings with plenary speakers including managing conferencing technology, agendas and follow-up.
- Support plenary speaker travel and logistics leading up to the conference.
- Assist in drafting plenary speaker prep as required including research, talking points and other prep support.
- Provide onsite support at the conference to the Senior Advisor.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS required.
- 2-4 years of work experience.
- Experience working on high level events, conferences and supporting high level staff also required.
- Campaign, advance or political experience a plus.
- Experience with database management, excel management and scheduling required.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated budget management and financial skills.
- Ability to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail-oriented.
- Superb English language writing and editing skills; professional communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with diverse audiences, consultants, and organizations to ensure productive partnerships.
- Ability to design and implement creative, analytical approaches to improve programs and projects, and to be flexible to change should these approaches need course correcting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and adept in creating professional PowerPoint presentation.
- Experience using project management online tools.
- French language skills preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed to/from conference host location.
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States, without sponsorship.
About the Organization
Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.