Chemonics seeks an Audio/Visual (A/V) support manager to provide technology oversight and management services, including assisting and training end-users on the proper use of A/V equipment and new corporate hardware and software applications. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide Audio/Video (A/V) support, which includes assisting and training end-users on the proper use of A/V equipment and new corporate hardware and software applications
- Set-up, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of conference room A/V equipment such as microphones, speakers, video displays, projectors, digital video cameras, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as presentations and conferences.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with A/V and technology components
- Liaise with 3rd party A/V support as appropriate
- Responsible for day-to-day management of frontline support for staff. Manage the Help Desk ticket queue, allocating resources, and communicating with staff as appropriate
- Manage and attend high-level meetings requiring A/V
- Proactively maintain A/V equipment as necessary and ensure that supplies are available
- Assist users with routine application and hardware problems, share best practices, and utilize application knowledge with users
- Manage technical knowledge-base for internal GTI and users to access
- Responsible for handling problem recognition, research, resolution and follow-up for user problems
- Provide formal and informal training to users.
- Document technical systems process and procedures and be actively involved in promoting new technologies or new systems or procedures
- Take direct, appropriate and timely action to meet client needs and resolve basic issues
- Maintain and expand A/V knowledge in GTI by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies and Chemonics practice networks
- Undertake assignments on projects or special initiatives as appropriate
- Manage relationships with external clients, vendors, partners, and consultants that serve to enhance Chemonics’ reputation
- Participate in the development of the department’s strategic plans, training materials and tools
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate assigned staff. Ensure that staff receives regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time and opportunity to grow professionally
- Facilitate meetings, and be responsible for developing agendas to achieve stated group goals, documenting progress, agreements, and issues and providing follow up assistance to groups
- Define team roles and responsibilities clearly and concisely, promote strategies for effective teamwork and leadership development, and cultivate collaborative working relationships across the company.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities required by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience required.
- Minimum three years’ technical A/V experience with increased responsibility or team lead experience required.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, manage, and support network environments. Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, networking, and PC hardware.
- Previous experience installing/supporting Polycom Trio and Group systems, Surface Hubs, Crestron RL2, required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Experience with Cherwell a plus.
- Ability to solve technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
- Willingness to work overseas for up to 4-8 weeks per year.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred.
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.