Since its establishment in Chad in 2004, the United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) has been a pillar of humanitarian operations, providing safe and effective access to populations in the most remote parts of the country. His slogan: Our wings save lives.
The office of the World Food Program in Chad is currently seeking a Associ é / e to UNHAS aircraft to its N’Djamena office (Fixed Term Contract; G6 level) to support the United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) for an initial period of 12 months.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
Under the responsibility of the Chargé de l’aviation, the incumbent will be required to perform a range of coordination and administrative activities to help ensure a safe and efficient air service for the humanitarian community.
- Provide operational coordination and technical support for air operations by ensuring compliance with WFP standards, including air operations risk management processes for the humanitarian community;
- Liaise with airport officials, other local authorities and external parties to obtain the necessary authorizations and necessary documentation for air operations;
- Conduct pre-flight actions to ensure that the registration of all passengers and airfreight are duly done in coordination with the crew to ensure flight safety;
- Assemble all the documents after each flight to confirm that the flights have taken place in accordance with the established conditions and, sometimes, to review and evaluate the performance of the air operators;
- Resolve operational issues in liaison with all parties to ensure timely resolution in accordance with WFP standards;
- Support the negotiation of local service contracts to establish effective partnerships on terms and conditions that facilitate optimal air operations;
- Research and analyze data and produce technical reports for planning and decision making, implementation and reporting;
- Update and development of databases, ensure that relevant information is organized and available;
- Respond to customer inquiries and seek advice or escalate to supervisor (as needed) to ensure prompt resolution of all inquiries with a high level of customer service;
- Establish relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of aviation activities with other programs and ensure a consistent approach to air operations;
- Oversee the work of other staff, provide practical advice and guidance, to ensure that individual and team objectives are delivered according to agreed standards and timelines;
- Make recommendations on improvements in methods and practices to maximize the performance of air operations and related activities.
Education: Have at least the baccalaureate level. However a DUT, BTS or equivalent would be preferable. Certificate in air traffic control, flight dispatch, aeronautical engineering or other certificate relevant to the position.
Experience: At least five years of experience in the aviation field or in a travel company.
Technical knowledge: MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook).
Languages: French (spoken, read, written). Knowledge of Intermediate English (Level B) is an important asset.
- Good judgment
- Ability to interpret / analyze data and solve operational difficulties
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds and cultures
- Good sense of organization
TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND REMARKS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Position Level: G6
Type of contract: fixed-term fixed-term contract
Initial duration: 12 months
Basic net salary: 8,012,375 Francs CFA per year. Other benefits: Contribution to the United Nations pension fund, 30 days of annual leave, dependency allowance, medical insurance for the employee and his / her dependents, etc.
March 12 to 23, 2018