Roles & Responsibilities: Serve as a member of the team with a specific emphasis on behavior change and health communication. The BCC specialist must have extensive experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating IEC/BCC programs in Africa, including project management and health systems related to BCC. Experience evaluating BCC projects in Mali would be preferred. The candidate must have strong, demonstrated analytical, managerial, and writing skills in English and French. The BCC Specialist must be able to interact effectively with a broad range of internal and external partners, including international organizations, host country government officials, and NGO counterparts. The specialist must be fluent in both English and French and have proven abilities to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively, both orally and in writing in the two languages.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in public health, social science, business administration or related field;
- At least 8 years’ progressive experience in behavior change communication and development of
IEC materials and the design and measurement of evidence-based behavior change interventions;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the development sector with a recognized and reputable international institution. Experience working on a USAID financed BCC project is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the health sector is required;
- Should have a demonstrable experience working on health projects in Africa and technical knowledge of the Malian context;
- Should have experience as BCC Specialist on at least two project evaluations. Experience on an evaluation of a USAID financed nutrition related project is an added advantage;
- Local Malians preferred.
Please send relevant CV/resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “BCC Advisor/Mali/ (Last Name)”. CV/resumes will be reviewed as they are received, early application is encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) is a global solutions leader providing meaningful impact and sustainable solutions to development efforts affecting the lives of ordinary people. We are a veteran-owned business with over 30 years of international development program experience. TMG has performed highly successful, long-term contracts for US government clients such as USAID and National Institutes of Health (NIH) in supporting their various projects in multiple countries on 6 continents throughout the world. Many of those projects have been in Africa, where TMG has worked in 38 of its countries and currently has offices in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, and Ethiopia. Through these projects, TMG has gained broad, multi-sector experience in managing more than 100 US government contracts. We work with a large group of highly qualified experts whose specialized skills provide expertise to perform services in various technical areas, logistical management, financial management, administration, project management, MIS services, capacity building, training, and other sectors.
TMG has been a leading contractor in assisting the US National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and other domestic and international agencies with their important international biomedical research efforts to find cures for such human scourges as Malaria, AIDS and Ebola. TMG has also assisted USAID in successfully performing major contracts implementing its international development programs in such functional areas as Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Training, Health Services, Countering Violent Extremism, Disaster Management, Agriculture and Food Security, and Outreach and Communications.