It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) Coordinator to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
The BCC Coordinator will mainly be responsible for:
- Work As a focal point on Trachoma Elimination, s/he will oversee all aspects of BCC element and delivery in line with objectives, budgets, timelines and standards of the project.
- Undertake background research for evidence based BCC programming for all programmes of Pakistan.
- Design and develop BCC plans, materials and products with appropriate branding and compliance with respective institutional regulations and guidelines.
- Organize BCC Training of Trainers (ToTs) for Implementing Partners (IP) staff and oversight to replication of trainings at district levels as well as regular technical guidance and support for smooth implementation of the project.
- Ensure that monitoring system tools, checklists, indicators, reporting formats are in place to track immediate results/outputs and impact/outcomes against planned initiatives.
- Undertake field visits to partners to oversee implementation and provide on-site feedback for required improvements, and generate field visit reports with timely and appropriate follow up on action points.
- Conduct periodic project reviews and prepare project reports for management and outside as and when required.
- Lead the advocacy and influencing component of the project using field evidence as well as coordination and representation of WaterAid at different forums and platforms.
- Support and facilitate I&E unit in design, development and delivery of organizational BCC work.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Master degree in Social and Behavioural Sciences or Public Health.
- Five year experience of managing a BCC intervention in an international or national NGO including minimum 3 years “hands on” direct implementation at grassroots level.
- Sound experience of working with partner organizations (NGOs or local government).
- Excellent project management skills.
Find the job description below for full details of the role.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, apply through visiting Apply.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Pakistan.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted.
About the Organization
WaterAid is on a mission to change normal for millions of people within a generation by getting clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to everyone, everywhere by 2030. Without all three, people can't live dignified, healthy lives. With all three, they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty, and change their lives for good. Children grow up healthy and strong, women and men get to earn a living, whole communities start to thrive. It sounds normal and it should be.
WaterAid is a place for people looking for inspiring, stimulating work and a real spirit of togetherness - people with a commitment to our vision, an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important of challenges.
We are looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, who have an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also have the chance to grow and space to be yourself at your best.