Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: a dedicated and results-oriented professional who has excellent skills in coordinating efficiently with members and prioritizing tasks effectively to ensure that billing and collection processes are aligned towards company revenue targets.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world by working directly with our audience of one million global development professionals.
If you are eager to use your strong attention to detail and persuasion skills to ensure that our members have up to date billing profiles, then we’d love to meet you!
We want to give you the opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun).
Why this position is great for you:
- You will be part of our Corporate Accounting Team with colleagues who have their eyes set on various Devex members, from corporate to non-government organizations as well as professionals, in keeping their billing profiles and accounts receivable up to date and in good standing.
- You will get to speak and coordinate with our members from all over the world who have inquiries and requests related to their invoices and payments.
- You get to closely coordinate with other Devex teams, specifically Memberships, Partnerships, Member Support and Corporate Administration because you’re part of the “go-to team” for issues and questions related to member billings.
We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture. No bureaucracy here: you’ll get to own your work and will get the support you need.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Billing and Collection Assistant are:
- Maintain member and billing profiles which involves invoicing, accounts reconciliation, and collection activities.
- Address internal and external requests related to member billing information.
- Ensure payments are properly applied against invoices.
- Create weekly reports related to level and aging of Accounts Receivable (ARs) which will be used for monitoring of targets.
- Ensure that ARs and collection level targets set are achieved through regular email and phone call follow-ups.
- Help achieve 100% synced and reconciled billing data across all Devex systems/platforms.
- Provide input towards the efficiency of billing and collection through system enhancements and process improvements.
You must have…
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in the related field or a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Business Studies, Administration / Management or Mathematics or equivalent. Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply.
- Willingness to work during the mid shift (3pm to 12am).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as well as outstanding customer service skills.
- Skills in billing, collection or accounts reconciliation desired but not required
- Experience working for international clients desired but not required.
The successful candidate will be assigned to work the mid shift (beginning 3pm) and will be based in our office in Manila, Philippines. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
We are Devex, a driving force in global development on a mission to connect people, information and ideas to make a $200-billion industry do more good for more people. Through devex.com, we offer news, business information, and recruiting services to our 500,000-member community including CARE, Microsoft, World Bank UNDP, ADB, and other leading firms, donor agencies, NGOs and development professionals.
Headquartered in Washington DC, and with offices in Barcelona, Manila and Tokyo, our social enterprise consists of 100 accomplished, über-smart, dynamic, exuberant staff who give their all to make sure what we do makes a difference. Devex offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as creative spaces, flexible schedules, snack-filled fridges and all the espresso you can drink. If you see yourself as part of a progressive group of global development game changers, join us!