RTI Internationals International Development Group seeks an experienced and dynamic individual to support efforts in blended learning design and delivery.
The Blended Learning Specialist (BLS) will support the design, development and delivery of training courses and organizational development activities, primarily to US Government clients. The BLS will support the Integrated Learning Solutions team to provide and implement best practices in instructional design and e-learning.
The position will report to Learning Solutions Task Order Manager.
- Designs blended learning courses, using creative, innovative and evidence-based approaches and works with subject-matter experts to develop dynamic learning sessions and programs for in-person and virtual courses and sessions.
- Conducts learning assessments including research, document reviews, telephone interviews, and focus groups.
- Designs and develops curriculum for instructor-led training.
- Develops storyboards for e-tools, e-learning courses, and videos.
- Designs and delivers virtual and in-person learning events.
- Supports ILS in learning program strategies and design.
- Designs and develops instructional/educational courses and performance support tools in adherence with any provided documentation standards.
- Facilitates and/or participates in train-the-trainer, pilot sessions, and course overviews, as necessary.
- Supports the development of internal RTI business proposals designed to grow training business and contributes to project growth by seeking opportunities to expand existing work.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Organizational Development, Communication, International Development or other related fields with at least 5 years of experience required in the design and delivery of learning programs; OR a Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years of experience in the design and delivery of learning programs.
- Experience in instructional design with a focus on blended learning.
- Experience in e-learning design and development, webinar production, and/or in-person facilitation.
- Knowledgeable in application of adult learning theories and leading-edge instructional design methods.
- Demonstrated experience with e-learning authoring programs.
- Demonstrated fluency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in cross-cultural environments required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines and multitask.
- Attention to detail; ability to manage timelines; flexibility and responsiveness.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to receive United States government security clearance.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as needed.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
- Experience with U.S. government contracting – in particular, USAID – is preferred.
- Fluency in Articulate Storyline 2 and Adobe: Captivate, Premiere, Connect is preferred.
- Experience in international development preferred.
- Experience working on international development projects is preferred.
- Individuals with active USG security clearance will be preferred.