Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organization operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organization’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services have submitted their Expression of Interest for an up-coming EC-funded tender: “Support to Ukraine for developing a modern Public Health System”.
The overall objective is to support the modernization and development of a sustainable Public Health System that is able to ensure disease prevention and control standards in line with EU legislation, requirements and practices. The project shall contribute to strengthen national leadership and capacity in Public Health policy programing and implementation. The project should support the consolidation and empowerment of the newly created Public Health Centre of Ukraine (UPHC) and support the creation of a modern Blood Safety System in Ukraine.
The Key Expert on Blood Safety (m/f/d) will be responsible for the specific component of the TA project to support the creation of a modern Blood Safety System in Ukraine. He/She will work, in cooperation with the Public Health Centre of Ukraine, on a national strategy and its implementation to improve safety standards of blood transfusion in Ukraine in line with EU standards.
He/She will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Technical supervision of the component.
- To assign non-key experts for this component in coordination with the Team Leader.
- Quality Assurance of all outputs related to this components.
- To coordinate implementation of trainings and workshops.
- To ensure the development of strategic documents as requested in the ToR.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree (postgraduate) in a subject or discipline relevant to this assignment (public health, health care management, Tropical Medicine & International Health or equivalent).
- Good command of written and spoken English, Russian will be an asset.
- Full computer literacy.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years professional experience in the health sector with a special focus on blood safety/ blood transfusion system management and quality.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of working experience in internationally financed projects/programmes relevant to this project.
- Working experience in blood transfusion/blood safety in line with EU standards.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EU format in english.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.