Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
The Border Security M&E Specialist shall work with INL/WHP program officers, M&E Coordinator, Posts, implementers, and in-country M&E Specialists to determine appropriate performance indicators for programs and projects related to border security and shall work regionally with their counterparts to ensure that INL/WHP is measuring police professionalization in a similar manner across the hemisphere. This will be a full time (defined as at least 40-hour work week) through March 31, 2019 with the potential for a multi-year follown on. This position will require travel throughout the Western Hemisphere. This position is open to U.S. citizens, Third Country Nationals, or Local Nationals and will not be housed in INL/WHP facilities. This position shall have an off-site office space in the D.C.-metro area.
This person shall become a subject matter expert in all INL/WHP border security programs, and research how other border security entities measure similar programs. They shall work with their in-country counterparts, implementers, and Post to determine how the data will be collected, displayed, and reported. They shall be in charge of ensuring all measures are recorded accurately in PMDFs. This individual shall be in charge of managing the overall reporting cycle and data collection for all measures in their portfolio and producing analysis and reports of findings to INL/WHP and other stakeholders. This individual shall brief decision-makers when requested and will ensure continuity of operations by guaranteeing the transfer of all data, standard operating procedures, and knowledge are transferred to the appropriate INL/WHP staff upon completion of the contract. This individual may be called on to help with other duties or programmatic portfolios as assigned.
- Master’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, foreign assistance, and/or performance management
- Ability to obtain MRPT certification or ability to obtain successful RSO vetting approval
- FSI Level 4/4 English or equivalent
- At least one (1) year of supervisory experience managing other staff
- Proven ability to deliver a quality written product and presentations
- Proven knowledge and experience working in the Western Hemisphere
- In-depth knowledge and/or experience with border security and/or law enforcement programming
- Ability and experience presenting results in presentations and written reports
- A high level of experience and competency with data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations
- Moderate knowledge of statistical analysis and software such as SPSS
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Spanish, French, or Dutch language skills
- Knowledge or experience with international narcotics and law enforcement-related programs, including transnational crime, counternarcotics, corrections, or criminal justice
- Experience with technical writing or report production
- Experience supporting the U.S. Department of State, Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection, US Coast Guard, USAID or other similar government partners
- Experience with Tableau or other similar data visualization software
- Experience supporting Non-governmental Organizations
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.