Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
The USAID Office of Transition Initiatives’ Ethiopia Support Program (ESP) aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
Dexis is seeking a Broadcast Media Consultant to support the development of a range of television content that promotes peace and reform. The Broadcast Media Consultant will provide advice, support, and coaching to the local grantee production team and deliver a comprehensive training program. The training will be designed to address identified gaps and take the production and editorial team to the next level. In an advisory role, the consultant will ensure the development of seven high quality televised episodes.
While the work could be performed remotely, travel to Ethiopia is preferred if/when public health conditions permit. The expected level of effort (LOE) for the consultancy is 46 days.
- Technical advisor for the production of seven 45-minute television episodes;
- Design a comprehensive training plan, based in identified needs;
- Provide support and coaching to the production team in the following areas: Structure & Running Order; Editorial Meetings (with Producer Consultant); Editorial Content (with Producer Consultant); Studio Team Roles; Gallery Operation; Studio Operation; Communication; Studio Directing; Style Guide; Camera Script; Vision Mixing; The Look (Branding/Scenography/Lighting); and Location Filming - Scripting/Directing/Camera/Sound/Reporter;
- Directly support and build staff capacity on editing, directing, and producing;
- Assist in live reporting (reporter/camera/sound/choreography), if required;
- Review and revise scripts and provide coaching on format, style, research, and content development / running;
- Work closely with the grantee production staff to ensure the production of high-quality end-products;
- Provide ongoing review and feedback throughout the consultancy;
- Final report totaling a minimum of 10 pages (not including annexes) that will include, but not be limited to, summary of accomplishments, recommendations for improving direction and studio functions, potential obstacles to program quality, list of key individuals trained.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated experience developing, producing, writing, and editing television or other video programming;
- Basic understanding of the political context of this program;
- Ability and willingness to live, work, and travel in Ethiopia for up to 60 days;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Relevant educational degree;
- USAID/OTI experience;
- Ethiopia experience.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.