Dexis is seeking an experienced Budget and Program Analyst to provide support services to the United States Agency for International Development’s Bureau for Asia, specifically assisting the Bureau’s Office of Strategic Planning and Operations with reviewing and facilitating the approval of budgets and programs for its more than 20 operating units in the Asia Region. This is initially a short-term, full-time position of up to 9 months, with the potential for extension.
Budgetary and Financial Management Operations Analysis (25%)
- Assists organizational expert on budgeting and financial management issues and activities, including procurement planning and follow up.
- Determines fiscal budget and human resources requirements and controls the budget implementation and execution.
- Determines resource requirements and recommends resource allocations based on priorities and legislative requirements.
Program Assessment and Oversight (25%)
- Provides expert analysis and evaluations to management that encompass programmatic milestones, schedules, and budgetary/procurement resource planning and execution required for effective management, operations, and decision making in support of projects.
- Designs and develops financial statements and other reports for management officials.
- Provides interpretations of financial reports, statements, and data that point out trends, identify deviations from standards and/or plans, and project data into the future.
Administrative and Analytical Duties (25%)
- Performs a wide variety of administrative and analytical duties connected with the formulation, justification, presentation, execution, and review of a substantial segment of the regional budget strategies for the Bureau.
- Assists in the tracking, updating, and monitoring of the implementation of program budget.
- Works collaboratively with managers and staff on plans, programs, and budgets. Assists in advising planners and managers on the economies and efficiencies that new developments can offer to management and operations.
Analysis of Programs or Operations Effectiveness (25%)
- Serves as an expert in evaluating programs that impact a major organizational component of an agency. Computes and estimates the effect of proposed changes in legislation, or budget, and financial systems as they relate to providing approved programs. Analyzes factors affecting the costs of the regional programs, and recommends changes in the course of action to maintain adequate funding levels.
- Researches and analyzes problems, issues, or program requirements. Performs analysis on complex budgetary or procurement issues. Analyzes program accomplishments and determines the appropriate financial resources needed for the assigned program area. Based on operations and changing program requirements, identifies relevant issues. Collects relevant information from many varied sources, some of which are difficult to access.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, (e.g., finance, business administration, statistics, public administration, international development/relations)
- 4 years of relevant experience required
- Experience with office technology and software with high proficiency (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and database management preferred)
- Knowledge of USAID and US Government foreign assistance and administrative procedures preferred
- Experience with project management and/or international development, budgeting and financial procedures
- Active secret-level security clearance strongly preferred; ability to obtain a secret-level security clearance required
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.