HIAS seeks a Budget and Fiscal Compliance Specialist, Latin America to be responsible for budget formulation and planning, tracking and monitoring of funding, including grants for the Latin America region.
- Manages reporting, compliance and recognition of international grants for assigned portfolio.
- Partners with accounting to prepares monthly grant budget-to-actual reports.
- Liaises with program and development staff to ensure restricted funds used in accordance with donor intentions or appropriate modifications are requested.
- Ensures that fiscal requirements for grants and contracts identified, realized and monitored through regular monitoring meetings.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports for funders.
- Maintains a working knowledge of laws, regulations, policy, and other requirements that affect grants management, in particular federal grant requirements.
- Serve as the focal point on helping filed offices and program managers working on fiscal compliance and reporting in coordination with department directors.
- Reviews coding of expenses against restricted grants to ensure adequate charging.
- Assists in the maintenance and analysis of staff allocations.
- Work with program managers to prepare spend plans and grant forecasts.
- Assists in preparing Budget in the compilation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Prepares and performs monthly budget-to-actual analysis, conducts monthly reviews with program managers. Communicates results of reviews and analyses to finance leadership.
- Supports in Budget formulation in the development of multiyear organizational revenue and expense budgets based on input from functional/business teams.
- Work with Country Office and in compiling the international piece of the budget.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of budgets.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in financial management of large-scale, international development assistance programs.
- Prior experience in managing donor funded programs, including US government funded programs required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including strong. multicultural communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications (formerly Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Strong financial planning and management, procurement, and operations management, including experience working with international field office, with proven management skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and accounting software; GP experience strongly desired.
- Previous cost proposal experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of second language, preferably Spanish is preferred.
About the Organization
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.