You: An ambitious and organized digital analyst who wants to put your quantitative skills to work to make a difference in the world and make an impact on our organization. You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun).
What you would do:
- Report directly to the Vice President of Business Planning and Analysis and assist him in using internal and external data to better plan the future of the business.
- Analyze Devex’s performance in growing its audience, selling advertising, engaging its members, and other areas of the business.
- Produce regular data reports and dashboards for senior leadership.
- Work in our various tracking systems to ensure that our data is correct and timely.
- Perform research on industry trends and best practices.
To succeed in this role you must be sharp, organized, and know how to see a project through from start to finish and meet a deadline. Attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy will be key to your success in this role. You also must have…
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, preferably including experience with pivot tables, vlookup, index match, and other advanced features.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse colleagues in different functional areas – from news reporters to software developers – who work across the world.
- Comfort with both structure and ambiguity. You will spend part of each week doing the same sort of projects regularly, and part trying to find answers to questions we’re asking for the first time, without a clear path forward.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently. Someone will be successful in this role if they are the type of person who is driven to dig into data about various aspects of the business during those times when they don’t have any immediate assigned tasks.
- 1-2 years of experience in an analyst role.
- Familiarity with – or at least a strong interest in – the digital media industry.
- Experience with digital analysis platforms such as Salesforce, Google Analytics, or QuickBooks.
- Familiarity with basic accounting and business concepts, such as revenue recognition, return on investment, and customer lifetime value.
- Experience with data visualization and visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Familiarity with international development and a global mindset. You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.