An exciting opportunity has risen at Save the Children International office based in London for a Business Analyst to join us on our exciting project - PPM Prime for Finance. This will be a permanent role based within our transformation and delivery team and it is an exciting time to join the team as the organisation is going through a great period of growth, changes and is undergoing a transformation under the High Performing Organisation (HPO) strategy, introducing new global IT systems and upgrading existing platforms.
In this role, the business analyst will work with the business to collect, clarify, and document business and functional requirements (using appropriate tools and models) from which people capacity building, improved processes, and new (technology) platforms are developed.
They will also be analysing the relevant business / functional area and documenting- business requirements, business processes (as-is and to-be) view of existing systems, data, integration requirements, etc. The placeholder will also be responsible for planning and estimation efforts within their work streams ensuring a well-structured & realistic process is carried out in order to deliver. The BA will also contribute to our methodologies and continue to support improvements in our processes and tools.
In order to be successful to this role:
- Ability to understand and manage stakeholder requirements/drivers and project expectations
- Proven business requirements gathering and process/workflow analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
- Demonstrable ability to write high quality requirements / user stories
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate/mediate; to facilitate the resolution of conflicting business requirements
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to support the creation of compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Proven experience in facilitating productive workshops, preferably in multi-cultural contexts
- Ability to effectively prioritise work and agree priorities with the Project Manager
- Experience working with a standardised Business Analysis methodology and associated processes and tools
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and able to take the initiative and ownership to deliver value to the business
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment, in particular Scrum
- Experience with supporting User Acceptance Testing
- Experience with/understanding of Finance Management and budgeting preferably within international development projects
- Ideally have IBM blueworks knowledge and skills is desirable
- Potential for travel (up to 10%)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, attractive company pension scheme and 30 days annual leave.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.