World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Preferred position location: United Kingdom. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
As Business Analyst II, you are responsible for serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to translate business needs into IT requirements. You are one of the project team members involved in all phases of the design, development and implementation of technology solutions throughout the business case and development life cycle processes supporting several business functions and several moderately complex business processes. Based on breadth and depth of understanding of business needs and processes, you collaborate with other IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible. You will take a broad perspective to determine how such solutions will impact existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration. You will also research and make recommendations for buy vs. build decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related fields. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires working knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant technical or business work experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Experience in working with the agile Scrum as a methodology.
- Training or certification in an agile Scrum discipline from a recognized body such as the Scrum Alliance.
- Extensive experience in writing agile “stories” and requirements analysis.
- Practical experience and extensive knowledge of delivering online marketing projects.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 09 OCT 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website:www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.