Background Information - ICT
The UNOPS ICT Unit is part of the Finance Group within UNOPS and is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The ICT function within UNOPS is currently undergoing a transformation from being a service provider to becoming a strategic business partner. This transformation requires addressing several foundational aspects of enterprise IT as well as embedding innovation and harnessing of cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. ICT’s place within the UNOPS Finance Group also enables the transformation by ensuring that IT decisions are made with a strategic focus on costs, benefits, and risks.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Under the supervision of the Business Architecture Lead, the Business Analyst, Reporting will be the single point of contact for Reporting needs within UNOPS. The position is responsible for collaborating with the business functions to understand the core business needs and to ensure that the solution delivered by ICT addresses the need and results in improvements in the form of increased effectiveness, efficiency, or differentiation for UNOPS products and services.
1. Requirements gathering and analysis
2. Data and process design
3. High-level support
1. Gathers and documents requirements and performs analysis to identify key business needs
- Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes)
- Analyzes client operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to uncover opportunities for improvements
- Conducts requirements workshops and meetings to gather requirements from the business function
- Identifies business needs and benefits of the change in the business process and ensure separation from preconceived solutions
- Produces documentation of the business need, benefits of change, and detailed requirements
2. Collaborates with business functions to perform data and process design
- Produces process and data flow design in close collaboration with the business functions as well as other relevant stakeholders that may be impacted by the change in the process
- Ensures that requirements and process design span across wider value delivery processes
- Negotiates with business functions to drive the potential realization of tangible benefits from changes to business processes
- Makes recommendations and demonstrate how to best utilize UNOPS business systems to accomplish business objectives
3. Provision of high-level (level 2) support to end users. Level 2 support are cases originating from the
- ICT Systems Support Team that require a greater degree of functional analysis / diagnosis
- Identify, analyse and resolve system issues escalated by the ICT System Support team
- Provide solutions to inquiries about system functionalities and issues, by seeking technical advice and support from other members of the ICT team, colleagues, and subject matter experts
- Ensure optimal quality services by maintaining ownership of escalated problems until the appropriate resolution is reached and communicated to the person reporting the problem
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain third level support as required
4. Coordinates between business functions and ICT to act as the single point of contact for the business function and to ensure that the solution designed meets business needs
- Provides inputs to the Solutions Design team to assist in the development of appropriate solutions for reporting needs.
- Assists in production support by investigating reported application problems and works with ICT functional and technical specialists to test, diagnose, analyze and isolate the root cause of problems. Coordinates further diagnosis and tests as necessary and recommend workarounds where appropriate
- Troubleshoots existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops requirements for addressing the same
- Provides functional support in the development and review of design activities for system improvements, changes, enhancements and upgrades as they relate to reporting
- Assists in the development of acceptance criteria, test scenarios and test cases for functional testing of solutions delivered by ICT
5. Creates training materials and deliver training to functional experts within business functions
- Identifies training needs for functional experts within business functions
- Develops and facilitate and/or conduct training sessions for functional experts / trainers with the business function (workshops, webinars, webcasts, one-to-one, online)
- Maintains and updates training material to ensure that it is current and relevant
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in reporting and analytics-related technologies (relational, document, and graph databases, data warehouses, ETL engines / platforms, data visualisation platforms) is required
- Expert level SQL skills (MS SQL Server) are required
- Experience with document and graph databases will be a distinct advantage
- Experience with developing reporting and analytics applications / functionality within large and complex enterprise IT environments would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Unit4 Business World/Agresso workflow and security, Forms, Report Creator Tool, and Agresso Customisation Tool (ACT) would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in ERP Systems design and implementation will be considered an asset
- Experience in user training is required.
- Experience in quality assurance and functional documentation is desired.
- Excellent communication skills and good IT understanding
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: International Specialist Level 1
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
About the Organization
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partnersâ€™ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the worldâ€™s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partnersâ€™ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.Â