The Analyst, Business Development brings experience in proposal due diligence, partner agreement processing and communication, and other internal functions of the Design Lab, Thinkwell’s internal hub for program design and business development. The Analyst reports to the Design Lab Manager. The Analyst engages within and across teams globally as needed, engages with external stakeholders and partners, and may coordinate or communicate with funding organizations.
This position is fully remote and can be based anywhere within the United States.
What You’ll Do:
New Business Due Diligence
- Conduct business opportunity forecasting using selected third-party platforms for new opportunity identification;
- Manage certifications for new solicitations which are tailored to the specific needs of bilateral donors and other funding agencies;
- Support in the development of Past Performance references for new solicitations;
- Review pre-teaming agreements for completion and accuracy and ensure they are in place with the appropriate signatories;
- Work hand in hand with the Contracts team on the checklist review of partner agreements;
- Conduct pre-award surveys for ThinkWell selected sub-partnerships for proposals;
- Liaise with Contracts and Finance teams in the due diligence processes for selected solicitations;
- Perform background research and due diligence for new funding organizations and partners;
Administration and Operations
- Assist with a range of administrative and operational responsibilities, including development of Design Lab newsletter and other communications, organizing meetings, and formatting and editing of CVs, biographical statements, and biodatas for proposal submissions;
- Liaise with country office teams to assist in the administration of new business processes;
- Coordinate with other departments to manage information sharing functions;
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 5+ years experience or graduate degree and 3+ years experience;
- Experience in international development proposal development and program administration, specifically USAID, CDC, World Bank, European Union, private foundations, and UN Agencies;
- Strong attention to detail and process oriented and motivated;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple processes and deliverables with tight timelines;
- Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences;
- A team player, motivated to provide subject matter expertise with a collaborative, customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly, thoroughly and conscientiously with attention to detail and a responsive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Full English fluency, second language a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.
About the Organization
Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Most importantly, are you fed-up, even disgusted, with the status quo of foreign assistance in the health sector? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is a growing, flexible health systems organization, with both global influence and local grounding. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space by always questioning and disrupting conventional wisdom about what works or what can or cannot be done.