Business Development Analyst/Coordinator
The Business Development Anayst/Coordinator will provide business intelligence/opportunity research; update and maintain required business development records and pipeline reports; serve as a key point-of-contact for external teaming partners during capture and Bid & Proposal efforts; provide input to on-going capture strategy efforts; and provide internal administrative support to the Business Development Unit. Additionally, the Business Development Analyst/Coordinator will conduct research and gather market information on potential clients and competitors to identify opportunities that align with Macfadden/PAE’s business development strategy. This individual will research and draft portions of narratives and supporting documents for assigned bids, including new opportunities and rebids and renewals of existing programs.
- Contributes to design and strategy development for assigned opportunities.
- Conducts background research and competitor analysis, using GovWin and other business intelligence platforms, for specific opportunities and participates in assessments as needed. Updates and maintains business development-related information on the Intranet, SharePoint, Salesforce and other systems.
- Updates and maintains Salesforce pipeline of opportunities.
- Serves as a liaison for the Business Development and Proposal Management departments.
- Drafts portions of proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Compiles and integrates reviewer feedback into narratives.
- Conducts general market research on potential clients and competitors and contributes to identification of potential USG opportunities. May also support non-USG business development efforts.
- Maintains and updates on a regular basis Macfadden’s competitor database, agency forecast, pipeline, and other relevant documents.
- Tracks all opportunities under consideration via FedSources, GovWin, DHS APFS, FedBizOpps and other relevant industry forecasts.
- Supports, coordinates, and manages user list for Macfadden/PAE’s use of market research tools such as FedSources and GovWin.
- Helps to maintain contact, lead, opportunity and other information in corporate customer relationship management (CRM) system (Salesforce).
- Performs competitive analysis, tracks industry trends, and maintains extensive knowledge of market conditions. Researches and analyzes partnership development and possible competition.
- Prospects business by identifying new customers and developing leads to new opportunities.
- Collaborates cross-functionally in the implementation of the organization’s business plan, strategy, and goals.
- Participates in all facets of client development such as marketing planning, proposals, and business development strategy.
- Works closely with all members of the Business Development team to develop weekly/monthly task list for the department.
- Supports Macfadden/PAE’s business development relationship through various domestic and international efforts (i.e. meetings, conferences (DMV, US, and international), internet, etc.).
- Supports and ensures quality of business development marketing materials including presentations, capabilities statements, brochures, exhibits and company web site.
- Supports proposal production and coordination efforts
- Identifies conferences, networking events, industry days, and events of interest to Macfadden/PAE.
- Works with program delivery team to capture, store and update quantitative and qualitative project successes, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Maintains and updates master past performance references for all contracts.
- Researches and analyzes historical data to support proposals.
- Administers and coordinates activities involved in the development and revision of proposals (i.e., proposal calendar development / maintenance, pink/red/gold team review coordination, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Political Science, International Development or a related field (required).
- Master’s degree in International Relations, International Development or a related field (preferred).
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with USG clientele; international development field preferred.
- Experience in government contracting industry preferred; experience with USAID proposals particularly preferred.
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to write under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Strong research skills including ability to efficiently gather, compile and synthesize relevant information.
- Understanding of US Government funding landscape.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross functional proposal teams.
- Must be able to multi-task/meet demands of an unpredictable schedule of assignments and competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills with a demonstrated ability in leading a dialogue with a diverse group of Subject Matter Experts (programs, engineering, contracts and pricing, operations, marketing, others) both internal and external to the company.
- Expert in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.