BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND PARTNERSHIP MANAGER - PACIFIC ISLAND FOOD REVOLUTION
Pacific Island Food Revolution is a communication for development (C4D) program that takes an innovative, evidence based and culturally grounded approach. Our goal is that Pacific people routinely choose healthy, local food contributing to improved well-being by 2030. We take our message to where the people are, harnessing the power of television, social media, community engagement and partnerships to re-popularise local, healthy food. Food is an important part of the fabric of Pacific societies. Over and above the biological and physical needs it addresses, food is part of the culture, identity and is critical to livelihoods across the region. It brings people together and unites communities in celebration. Over the last two generations, however, there has been a shift in social norms and food choices towards convenient, cheap, imported and often processed foods leading to an increase in diet related non-communicable diseases. Pacific leaders have been raising the alarm about the need to reverse this trend and PIFR provides them with a megaphone to do this. The Program targets Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and Vanuatu, with its reach expanding across the Pacific, NZ and Australia.
Two high quality television series of PIFR have been produced, with the second series set to air on over 26 networks across the Pacific from August. PIFR uses social and print media to increase its engagement and reach, and its radio program has recently started airing in Fiji. PIFR recipes are accessible online and have proven to be one of the most popular tools among audiences.
PIFR has a real advantage that very few other C4D programs have – it has access to lounge rooms across the Pacific. It engages families and communities in discussions about local food, by entertaining and educating them in a relatable way.
PURPOSE AND EXPECTED OUTCOME:
A key pillar of PIFR is the development of strategic and longstanding partnerships, aimed at building alliances with like-minded organisations and influencers across the Pacific. We bring visibility, access to people and a new and innovative platform for sharing information. PIFR’s reach has genuine impact and can deliver real benefits and results to our partners by driving the demand for local, healthy food options in the Pacific.
PIFR has initially been established and managed as a project by DT Global on behalf of donor partners DFAT’s innovationXchange and NZ MFAT. The Program is in its third year of a pilot phase, with a key milestone to establish PIFR as a registered and operational entity to take carriage of the program, generate funding and support sustainability of the PIFR concept beyond the initial seed funding stage.
The Business Development and Partnerships Manager role has been created to help realise the Executive Director’s vision for the PIFR concept and support the continuation of PIFR beyond the pilot phase through partnerships and sponsorship development to generate funding streams beyond the current donors.
Working with the Communications and Partnerships Manager and Executive Director, the Business Development and Partnerships Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a Revenue Strategy for PIFR, that will include the identification and development of both public and private sector funding partners, including donors, philanthropic and corporate sponsors.
The Business Development and Partnerships Manager will be responsible for identifying and nurturing strong relationships with a range of private and public sector partners, regional organisations and donors both within the Pacific region, and internationally. The person will provide senior level support to PIFR, including contributing to strategy, promotions, and monitoring of impact.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is commercially minded to support the growth of an initiative that is delivering a totally new approach to behaviour change in the Pacific. The Business Development and Partnerships Manager must have demonstrated commercial acumen, extensive development experience, strong networks across the Pacific, be commercially minded and able to negotiate mutually beneficial sponsorship deals and identify and pursue revenue opportunities.
- Revenue Generation and Partnership Development
- Identifying, establishing and supporting strong partnerships with a range of private, public, regional and civil society organisations across the Pacific and internationally;
- Develop a PIFR revenue strategy that seeks to generate revenue and support self-sustainability of the PIFR entity beyond the current pilot phase;
- Identify opportunities for donor funding, innovation and cuisine awards, networking and promotion of PIFR to key stakeholders.
- Report to the Executive Director and DT Global Program Manager on progress against the Revenue Strategy.
- High level coordination of PIFR Partnerships and Sponsorships and support for the PIFR platform, including:
- Develop sponsorship and partnership packages that present PIFR’s value proposition to potential partners and sponsors within the tourism sector, Pacific diaspora, food companies, and TV networks, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Communications and Partnerships Manager.
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience creating and closing commercial deals and generating revenue.
- Ability to build relationships quickly.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, particularly in relation to pitching concepts.
- Understand the donor landscape in the Pacific
- Experience fostering relationships with large groups of stakeholders, as well as with individuals one-on-one, and experience bringing people together for a common purpose.
- Business expertise and commercial aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-country development programs and working with donor organisations.
- Demonstrated experience working in diverse, cross-cultural environments.
- Experience establishing and maintaining systems and processes for effective business operations.
- Demonstrated passion, knowledge and relationships within the Pacific region.
- Core personal attributes required – self-autonomy, team player, self-generative, organised, sound judgement, flexible, relatable, trustworthy, and empathetic.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; Post Graduate qualifications preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a business development or management role with demonstrated success.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing revenue strategies.
- Knowledge and experience working in the Pacific, including strong personal networks in both the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrated experience establishing systems and processes for managing stakeholders.
Applications are encouraged immediately and will close 19 July 2020 at 11:59 pm Australian Central Standard Time
To apply click on ‘APPLY’ below to be redirected to the DT Global website. All applications MUST include a cover letter and resume.
Enquiries can be directed to Email: email@example.com (Applications must be submitted on line and will not be accepted via this email)
DT Global is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection. We encourage women and men and people living with disabilities to apply.
The Pacific Islands Food Revolution is jointly supported by Governments of Australia and New Zealand