Job DescriptionAbout You
You’re excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing fast and has an open, teamwork-focused culture. You’re deeply organized, dedicated and a self-starter. You thrive in an environment where you’re responsible for your own work (but you get the support you need). You also love to collaborate with teams and are deeply curious about international development and business. You strive to be the best communicator, especially when it comes to written copy.
You also think about your career and how you can grow within Devex. You’ll always have the opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues. You’ll tackle projects to keep you challenged. Our culture is low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun!) so that you can do your best work.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here:
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the Business Development Associate?
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Organize Salesforce so it runs swimmingly
- Successfully conduct at least 3 outreach email campaigns
- Have your Business Development Lead fully operational with Salesforce
- Develop a strong understanding of Devex products and services
- Have a broad understanding of the global development community
- Identify and qualify new business leads
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Used your organization skills to have Salesforce completely operational, organized and up-to-date.
- Developed a very close relationship with the Partnerships Business Development Lead and the Business Development Operations Lead.
- Used your communication skills to conduct email outreach campaigns for Devex partnerships initiatives, nurturing sales outreach campaigns and have taken a stab at proposal writing.
- Assisted the Business Development Lead in making business with 10 new target accounts by locating and curating leads & campaigns.
- Found new sponsors for Devex focus areas
- Organized and prepared the Business Development Lead’s sales business trips
Here are the basic requirements you’ll need to as Business Development Associate…
- Have Spanish work authorization and the ability to work 40 hours per week
- Have at least 2 years of work experience in business development operations or executive support experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Political Sciences or any related field
- Salesforce experience or similar CRM
- Native English proficiency
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have…
- Knowledge of global development community
- Experience using marketo or similar software
- Professional working proficiency in French
- Experience working in Public Relations, Public Affairs or Communications sectors.
- Keen interest and exposure to international business
Are you ready to get started? Apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.