EnCompass LLC is seeking a Business Development (BD) Assistant to join our successful Business Development (BD) Team. The BD Assistant will support general administrative, research, and coordination functions for the BD team. EnCompass responds to solicitations from USAID, other US and UN agencies, and NGOs on a variety of training, leadership, and evaluation projects in the field of international development. The BD team maintains the full cycle of new business development, including the identification and tracking of new business opportunities and the support, management and production of proposals.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Assists with the development, formatting and editing of proposal products (including resumes, annex materials, etc.) and other business development related materials (i.e., marketing materials, consultant agreements, etc.)
- Supports effective and ongoing communication among internal team members, external partners, and collaborators throughout the proposal development process
- Supports tracking of new business bid opportunities on external sites
- Populates a variety of tracking tools and databases as needed
- Manages the logistics of, and coordinates content for, BD-related meetings
- Supports BD documentation and knowledge management maintenance and organization
- Completes research for proposal bids as needed
- Posts job descriptions on a variety of recruitment sites
- Assembles and executes quality control for proposal package submissions
- Performs routine tasks
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and adhere to quality guidelines
- Works with close supervision
- May liaise with client points of contact
- Performs other duties as required
Academic Qualifications and Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of experience
- Interest in international development
- Strong written and oral communication
- Exceptional conceptual, organizational, analytical, and research skills
- Innovative in problem solving and resourceful in finding information
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong time management skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Basic skills in establishing and adhering to operational processes
- Proficiency with all MS Office products, experience with Office 365 suite and graphics software
- Proven ability to format and copyedit written materials
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.