Utilizing excellent editing skills, the BD Associate will help draft documents related to the proposal development process. He/she will work to maintain the fundamentals of QED’s proposal development documents.
- Edit and proofread scopes of work (consultants and partners), past performance reviews, teaming agreements and other proposal documents such as CVs
- Schedule meetings as needed for proposal and technical leads and assisting with meeting agendas, room set-up, and other items as needed
- Assist with proposal calendars, supporting the proposal charge-code set up and checklists for all proposal team members and other relevant personnel or partners
- Support the capture specialist in posting jobs on iCIMS, Devex, QED website, and other recruitment platforms
- Assist with other proposal development tasks as requested
The BD Associate will help support the administrative processes associated with proposal development and the overall functions of the BD Unit. These administrative processes are critical operational components to our business development process.
- Maintain CRM database by updating opportunity information, including monitoring sites such as FBO, USAID Forecast, GovWin, etc.
- Take notes during BD meetings and updating CRM based on decisions made (e.g. moving opportunities from assessment to capture phase)
- Process invoices (consultant/subscription) and working with accounting department to ensure payments are made on time
- Prepare a competitive analysis in the preparation of potential and current opportunities
- Manage other administrative tasks as requested
- To help meet the needs of the evolving BD department, the BD Associate will be assigned special projects and tasks to help develop and expand on the proposal development process, including preparation of various analysis and industry studies
- He or she will also lead or assist in the development of technical and cost proposals, including gathering cost information, creating budgets which reflect donor requirements, as well as drafting narratives
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in International Relations, Business or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in international development (business development, project management, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and experience following donor guidelines for proposals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in USAID proposal development/ management
- Familiarity with relevant USG regulations including the FAR and AIDAR
- Proficiency in Spanish or French preferred
- This position reports to the Manager, Business Development.
WORKING CONDITIONS & REQUIRED EQUIPMENT
The incumbent in this position will work in a professional office environment and will utilize the
following equipment when working from the XXXXX office.
- Computer (laptop or desktop)
- Other (Specify if any)
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This position description is an overview of the major functions and requirements of this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; the Employee’s Manager may assign other duties as related or as otherwise deemed appropriate and necessary within the general scope, without the need for additional compensation.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. QED has a 20 years history of evidence based development, which includes more than $3.5 billion in programs evaluated and work in 96 countries around the globe. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world.
The Director of Project Management is responsible for leading QED’s Project Management (PM) team and ensuring the successful implementation of all QED projects, including contractual, financial, and operational activities. The Director ensures that QED projects follow all applicable Company and client requirements, and continuously focuses on opportunities to improve internal operations and implement best practices. The Director of Project Management, reporting to the Executive Vice President, is a member of QED’s Management Committee and will work closely with other teams across the Company, including Finance & Accounting, Contracts & Compliance, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Communications, and Information Technology. The Director will also coordinate closely with the Technical Services team to ensure that all operational and technical elements of our programs are effectively managed. The Director will also coordinate with QED’s Business Development (BD) team to oversee the PM team’s support of BD activities.