**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.**
MSI has an immediate opening for a Business Development Associate. This person will serve as a member of our business development team, responsible for co-leading proposal teams, drafting proposal sections, tracking upcoming bids, and maintaining proposal resources.
- Manage the proposal process through all phases to ensure submission of high quality, compliant and competitive proposals.
- Organize and facilitate proposal development meetings.
- Write proposal sections, most commonly corporate capability statements, past performance references, and other annexes.
- Ensure the proposal process adheres to MSI’s policies and procedures for proposal development, while suggesting improvements/modifications to promote the use of best practices.
- Liaise with partners to execute teaming agreements and collect necessary proposal inputs.
- Conduct research on possible partners, current programming and other topics related to specific proposals.
- Maintain proposal folders, documents and resources.
- Track client and government solicitations and business forecasts.
- Help organize and maintain business development resources.
- 2-4 years of related experience within business development, project management or other related fields.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in international studies, business management, public administration or equivalent field. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Experience working on USG-funded proposals and/or projects preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitating meetings.
- Ability to be proactive, manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines required.
- Ability to be a team player and build effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft software, including Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, and Adobe.
- Knowledge of a foreign language and previous international work and/or travel preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.