Under supervision of Director, Monitoring and Evaluation Development, the Business Development Associate will assist with coordinating new business proposals in the core practice areas of Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management. This position will be involved throughout the Business Development life cycle from initial “decision to pursue of ” through production and delivery of final proposal, including assisting the proposal team in meeting deadlines and ensuring inputs meet DevTech’s quality standards. He/ she will have direct, hands-on experience with entire proposal development process with a goal of producing compliant, responsive and compelling proposals. The incumbent will demonstrate a capacity to interact collaboratively with co-workers and consultants. He/she will assist with the implementation of effective proposal development procedures, tools, and templates; basic interpretation of solicitation requirements for document organization and production.
The Business Development Associate also assists with the development and maintenance of proposal libraries, in addition to updating business development trackers. He/she will assist the Business Development team with the monitoring and tracking of upcoming solicitations through various procurement portals, including but not limited to, FBO.gov, Grants.gov and Ebuy. The candidate must have demonstrated experience working under tight deadlines and producing high quality deliverables. The candidate will also support the development of marketing materials. Candidates must be flexible, and willing and able to work overtime occasionally.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor U.S. government procurement listings; helps maintain DevTech Business Development and proposal trackers;
- Conduct research on early stage opportunities to understand competitive landscape, funding environment, and client priorities;
- Establish electronic proposal file access and tracking protocols for documentation;
- Support technical leads in developing preliminary technical, staffing, and teaming strategies and in solidifying value propositions for opportunities;
- Write proposal sections, most commonly corporate capability statements, past performance references, and other annexes;
- Liaise with partners to execute teaming agreements and collect necessary proposal inputs;
- Support recruitment lead with candidate identification and screening for opportunities;
- Ensure CVs included in bids are presented in the correct format and tailored to the role required
- Create and tailor templates and compliance matrices for assigned proposal efforts based on submission requirements;
- Coordinate team meetings and take minutes;
- Assemble color review drafts providing formatting and basic editing support;
- Direct the production, binding/packaging of final proposals, and coordinate delivery as needed;
- Support close out activities such as resume, past performance, and boilerplate filing;
- Drive the maintenance and population of reuse libraries, ensuring the libraries and the proposal sites are current, comprehensive, and accurate; and
- Represent DevTech, as needed, at seminars, conferences, meetings, and professional events;
- Assist with updating marketing materials for each of DevTech’s core practice areas and services to include Education, Gender, Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Financial Management, and Data Analytics; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education: B.A/B.S. in International Relations or similar disciple required.
Experience: Minimum of two years in international development related to business development and program support.
Knowledge: Knowledge of USAID procedures and regulations; Possess a demonstrable knowledge in the areas of International Development, Education, or Economics; Familiarity with proposal development for donors, especially USAID and DoS desired.
Skills: Strong organization, personal communication and writing skills; Proficiency with Office tools - must be a power user and show deep proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat; Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Experience with graphic design packages is highly desirable.
Languages: Fluency in English required; a second language is highly desirable.
The candidate must be eligible to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech’s core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.