Tetra Tech ES, Inc. based in Arlington, Virginia is seeking a Business Development (BD) Associate to support proposal development and strategic growth initiatives. The BD Associate will work closely with lead proposal coordination support throughout the bid and proposal process. The individual will have a demonstrated professional interest in international development to complement their excellent research skills and communication abilities.
- Work with senior management to position for and win new business to increase project backlog.
- Support BD team with regular meetings, bid approval process, BD Portal, coordinating risk review, input to IKM system, tracking B&P costs, adhering to internal approvals and policy, and ensuring document integrity.
- Conduct research on client forecast, bid opportunities, competitor analysis, funding projections, client forecasts, sector trends, geographic specific data, stakeholder analysis, and local partners.
- Support proposal manager to lead all aspects of the proposal lifecycle, including: opportunity identification, capture planning, teaming negotiations, staffing/recruiting, proposal writing/production, production/quality control, delivery, negotiation, contract signing, project hand-off and mobilization, and proposal debrief.
- During a live pursuit, collaborate with the lead technical writer on the writing and iterative feedback process and work to develop the technical approach, performance work statement, management and staffing plan, past performance, corporate capability, resumes, monitoring and evaluation, workplan, and other proposal inputs as required.
- Write sections of the technical proposal, support writing on cost proposal narrative as needed.
- Coordinate technical proposal inputs, including: resumes, corporate capability, past performance, and graphics/charts.
- Collaborate with graphic designer to create visually-appealing graphics and illustrations for proposals.
- Leads formatting, compliance review, and coordinates editing support on proposal documents
- Collaborates with the recruiter on proposal staffing needs.
- Produces products that conform to the company branding, documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Support strategic growth initiatives such as client diversification, developing geographic and/or sector specific offerings, and providing analysis for the annual resource and budget planning process.
- Supports BD Director on collaboration with other Tetra Tech operating units on BD efforts.
- Develops partner relationships, including teaming agreements and coordinating inputs during the proposal effort.
- Support partner networking activities and meetings with U.S. Small Businesses.
- Conduct periodic training on best practices to develop winning proposals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, finance, marketing, international development, or other related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant work experience in business development.
- Diplomacy, negotiation, contingency planning, and conflict mitigation and prevention skills.
- Excellent organization and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Fluency in English and demonstrated skills in technical writing and editing.
- Extreme precision and attention to detail.
- Strong quality assurance skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to guide/manage a large team effort to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to develop and maintain with technical consultants, partners and clients working in the international development sector.
- Previous experience in leading proposal activities and proposal writing.
- Familiarity with US government proposal requirements.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including ability to work independently, and prioritize and manage activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to format and conduct quality control on proposals and presentations that are client-ready without support from others.
- Detail-oriented, diplomatic, strategic thinker with ability to thrive in deadline-driven, dynamic environment; available to travel and work additional hours as needed.
- Computer proficiency in using content management systems (e.g., Egnyte, OneDrive), Adobe PDF, and Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required.
- Fluency in English required.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Master’s degree in business, economics, engineering, finance, marketing, international development, or other related field.
- Writing and editing proposals and reports for international development clients.
- Experience working in the energy sector within the context of international development.
- Experience working on international development projects funded by USAID, MCC, World Bank, Asian Development Bank or other international donor agencies.
- Experience in graphic design program.
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish or French.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.