The Business Development (BD) Associate will lead and/or support new business development efforts, including opportunity tracking and supporting capture planning and proposal development and follow up. The BD Associate will serve in the Proposal Coordinator role, supporting Proposal Managers, and in time may take on proposal management responsibilities for smaller opportunities and task order proposals. The BD Associate will lead special internal initiatives aligned with the division’s annual business development strategy. They will work under the supervision and direction of a BD Deputy Director (DD).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this is a remote position through September 2021. When SI determines that it is safe for staff to return to the office, the Director of Business Development will be based in the Washington, DC-area.
Proposal Development and Capture
- Lead and assist in the identification, tracking and updating of new business opportunities across a variety of technical sectors and clients.
- Prepare bid overview sheets, track bid – no bid updates, and communicate results to technical and programmatic teams.
- As Proposal Coordinator, will participate in planning and solution design and be responsible for developing past performance and institutional capacity sections of proposals, and other tasks as assigned by the Capture/Proposal Manager, which may include partner research, competitor research, country research, developing schedules, production, copyediting, etc.
- As Proposal Manager for task orders and smaller opportunities, oversee and manage all aspects of the proposal development processes, including capture work, leading kickoff meetings and preparing accompanying documents (proposal calendar, outlines, agenda); facilitating solution design and story-boarding sessions; leading pink and red team review meetings; drafting proposal sections; compiling inputs from proposal team members, including consultants and partners; ensuring responsiveness to and compliance with solicitation documents; etc.
- Work and coordinate with the pricing team members to develop cost estimates, including for labor and other direct costs, facilitate cost proposal information from subcontractors, and participate in cost proposal reviews.
- Coordinate with other divisions and support units involved in the proposal development.
- Provide QA/QC and compliance support on proposals.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to proposal teams, drafting consulting agreements, managing invoicing and payment of consultants, arranging travel, hotels, visas, and insurances for team members.
Special Initiatives and Other Duties
- Serve as the Small Business Liaison.
- Lead and/or support special initiatives, such as developing/refining knowledge management tools for the department, and promoting learning and application of best practices.
- Participate and contribute to departmental and companywide strategy development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, including international relations, political science, public affairs, and communications.
- 2-3 years of work or internship experience related to international development, with at least 1 year experience with proposal management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Master’s degree in relevant field, including international relations, political science, public affairs, and communications.
- Experience with USAID.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Work or study abroad experience.
- Proficiency in a foreign language.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.