Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: passionate about and plugged into the London development community scene. You know both the traditional and emerging actors. You’re fluent in what’s happening at DFID and know its implementer community well. And, you’re familiar with the broader European development landscape. You are a great listener and communicator with a passion for sales who knows how to connect the recruitment and business development objectives of NGOs, companies, leading funding agencies around the globe to the right people, news and information on Devex - the media platform for the global development community.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
- We’re passionate about our community–serving professionals who are changing the world is an awesome responsibility, and their success is our own
- We work hand-in-hand with the top foundations, companies, NGOs, aid agencies and individual professionals to help bring positive change around the world
- We support over 1,000 international development organizations to track relevant funding opportunities, hire the right technical talent to implement development projects and stay on top of the top trends impacting our industry
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture
- Devex offers creative spaces, snack-filled fridges and all the espresso you can drink
- No bureaucracy here: you’ll get to own your work and will get the support you need
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of this position are…
- Develop relationships with current member organizations and advise them on how to best leverage Devex’s services to achieve their organizational goals
- Proactively reach out to clients to strengthen engagement and utilization
- Retain the revenue base within a defined set of accounts, and network throughout the account to uncover new upsell opportunities
- Create and maintain a strong network of connections in the international development community to leverage our services
- Keep updated on current trends and happenings with the international donor community to better understand our clients’ needs
You’re an energetic, personable and motivated individual–a natural communicator who is able to understand the key issues facing our members and advise how to use our services to help them do their jobs more effectively. We are looking for someone with strong networking and client management skills with the ability to work independently and as a part of a global team.
You must also have…
- Existing work authorization in United Kingdom
- Strong knowledge of global affairs and passion for issues in global aid and international development including extensive knowledge of the Department for International Development
- Strong knowledge of global development and the Department for International Development (DFID), as well as its implementer community
- An existing connection to and thorough understanding of the broader international development community – foundations, companies, NGOs – in the UK
- Familiarity with EuropeAid and bi-lateral European funding agencies
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- Previous experience using Salesforce CRM
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.