JAA is seeking a Part-Time Business Development Associate to help us grow our portfolio of international projects. Responsibilities include assisting business development activities, particularly proposal development.
· Coordinate proposals, including managing proposal teams and external resources and partners and their outputs, and ensuring timely submission of inputs by all team members
· Provide input on proposals including drafting sections, developing CVs and qualifications statements, participating in brainstorming, storyboarding, and solution development meetings, reviewing sections
· Manage or coordinate capture efforts to position for bids
· Assist with other business development processes, including client relationship management, lead identification and screening, capture, recruiting, and qualifications database.
· Two to six years of international development experience, primarily involved in business development
· Knowledge of or expertise in economic growth and/or agriculture programs, including private sector development, market systems development, business environment reform, financial markets, and/or investment promotion
· Self-reliant and entrepreneurial problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills;
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Experience in proposal development with USAID and other donors
· Skills in social media and various software applications
· Management skills and committed team player
· Relevant degree
· Fluent English; additional language preferred.
The Business Development Associate will report to the Executive Vice President.
About the Organization
Since 1986, J.E. Austin Associates, Inc. (JAA) has assisted business and government leaders to implement strategic changes designed to achieve rapid growth that is economically, politically, socially and environmentally sustainable. JAA’s areas of expertise are in strategic planning, competitiveness, private sector development, export growth, business environment reform, workforce development, and institutional strengthening. JAA has provided these services across a wide variety of manufacturing, service, and agribusiness sectors on more than 650 projects in 127 countries, including Turkmenistan and other Central Asian countries.