Resonance has worked in SE Asia since 2010 and has had a corporate presence in Manila since 2016. As the demand for Resonance’s impact-focused services continues to grow, we are seeking to expand our business development in Singapore as a hub for the region. Resonance is seeking an entrepreneurial and mission-oriented business development consultant to help grow our advisory and consulting business in Southeast Asia. The ideal consultant will have significant business development experience and professional networks in on or more of the following areas: impact investing, philanthropy, global development or corporate sustainability, as they specifically relate to family-led conglomerates, family offices, foundations, or corporations with a regional coverage.
Scope of Work
Through desk research, networking and participating in relevant events and convenings, the business development consultant will enable Resonance to identify and develop new business opportunities. Specifically, the Consultant will:
- Building off the Resonance Asia strategy and previous market research, quickly create a business development strategy focused on the Singapore and broader ASEAN market.
- Identify and build relationships with new potential clients across the ASEAN region in areas such as corporate sustainability, global development, family philanthropy and impact investing.
- Support the preparation and development of client proposals, including Scopes of Work, pitch decks, budgets, etc.
- Attend key industry gatherings, including conferences and trade shows.
- Develop and maintain a database of contacts and discussions.
- Through written reports and regular phone calls, ensure the Resonance Asia and US-based business development teams are kept apprised of emerging opportunities.
- Within 7 business days, submit a draft business development strategy for review, including a list of high priority opportunities in Singapore and elsewhere in ASEAN.
- Draft and submit meeting notes using Resonance CRM or designated tool.
- Facilitate introductory meetings to at least 5-7 identified priority contacts and accompany Resonance Asia-Director to Singapore-based meetings
- Draft and submit weekly progress reports to the Resonance Asia-Director
- Conduct conference calls with Resonance staff in Manila and the US as needed
Timeframe: May 1 -August 30 (with opportunities for follow-on)
Expected Level of Effort: 50 days.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Business Development Consultant, Singapore” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.