Position: Business Development Consultant
Location: Currently working from home, later flexible working from new office in Sidcup, Greater London.
Contract Type: Permanent and full-time
Salary: £23,000 to 27,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for a exceptionally motivated professional, just starting his/her Business Development career, to join the Business Development team of a dynamic British company.
Our London head office is home to a team of 20+ who are committed to transforming social policies to ensure that the world’s most vulnerable people are not forgotten. We work hard and are passionate about what we do. We find time to discuss important issues and ways we as a company can support initiatives that we are passionate about. We also find the time to socialise, when not in lockdown and have a casual culture around the office that allows for interaction across all levels in the company.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 crisis, all employees are currently working from home.
For more information about our organisation, please visit www.developmentpathways.co.uk
Development Pathways is the leading provider of Social Protection services to a variety of donors worldwide. Being a thought leader and acknowledged world leader in this area, we are continuing to grow our portfolio and footprint. As a key member of the Business Development team, you will be joining us at an exciting time to support the continuing growth of the company as it consolidates its position.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities of the Business Development Consultant will cover the following areas:
· Identify and generate business opportunities for Development Pathways. This will include working closely with the technical teams to develop innovative opportunities such as engaging with new donors, building our presence in countries and developing new products.
· Lead and support the development of bids for a wide range of clients, including managing inputs from technical specialists, building budgets and drafting key components of the bids.
· Build good relations with clients and donors to help position Development Pathways in the market place, in particular with potential new donors.
· Strengthen Development Pathways’ links with consultants and help build our network of associates.
· Represent Development Pathways in a range of fora, in particular international business development opportunities.
· Lead in the design and development of events that position Development Pathways within the market place.
· Support the communications team to ensure that our communications are tailored to build Development Pathways’ international profile and position us for future opportunities.
· Undertake other activities as requested.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- A relevant university degree in International Development, Social Protection, Gender Studies or an associated area
- Enthusiasm to engage in business development and grow businesses
- Creativity and a desire to innovate
- Excellent communications skills
- A strong ability to understand and develop budgets
- Excellent organisation skills including an ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent communications skills including in cross-cultural environments
- A great team player with the capacity to lead
- Two years’ experience of working in international development or a related sector.
· A Master’s degree in a relevant area
· Experience of developing bids and working in business development.
You will be reporting to the Interim Head of Business Development, and transition to reporting to the Permanent Head of Business Development, when he/she is recruited.
Terms of Employment and Benefits
This is a permanent and full-time post. Along with the salary, the successful candidate would receive an attractive package of the following:
· Fulfilling work - work to make a difference to some of the world’s most underserved communities.
· Flexible work - Development Pathways offers employees flexible work hours and remote work options.
· Generous time off - recharge with 30-holiday entitlement plus standard bank holidays.
· Travel the World- we are committed to seeing our work in action, all around the world up to 3 weeks in a year.
· Excellent health and well-being provision – access to the company private health care scheme (after the satisfactory completion of the probationary period, pension scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
· Commitment to professional development opportunities - we encourage our staff to participate in professional learning and development.
· Provision of a company laptop and working at home benefit.
How to apply
We invite interested candidates to please send:
· Your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the post of Business Development Consultant and how you meet the above criteria.
· Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
· Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we retain the right to close this role without notice.
· Due to the high number of applications expected, unfortunately only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
· Closing date for this post will be 31st July 2020.
Development Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, family or parental status, or disability status.
About the Organization
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic business development consultant to join a friendly team!
OUR MISSION: To provide innovative, evidence-based and context-specific solutions to social and economic policy challenges
OUR VISION: Global adoption of transformative social and economic policies that guarantee the realisation of rights for all
OUR CORE VALUES:
Our Team - Teamwork, Enthusiasm, Commitment
Our Approach - Professionalism, Quality, Value for Money
Our Ethics - Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty
About Development Pathways
Development Pathways is committed to innovative, progressive and evidence-based social policy. We combine country-specific social and political analysis with lessons learnt from extensive international experience in order to ensure that policies and programmes are robust and benefit the most vulnerable, including children, women and persons with disabilities.
Development Pathways brings together a group of international development practitioners with extensive experience on social protection, social development, gender and social inclusion, and livelihoods across Asia and the Pacific, Africa, and Latin America and the Caribbean. We have worked with a range of development organisations and governments, including United Nations agencies (UNICEF, WFP, ILO, UNDP, UNDESA), development banks (World Bank, ADB), government donors (e.g. DFID, DFAT), and international NGOs (e.g. HelpAge, Save the Children).
We currently employ nearly 40 staff members, who work alongside a global network of trusted consultants. Our offices are currently located in Orpington but will soon be at Sidcup (south-east London, United Kingdom) and Nairobi (Kenya). As an employer, we put our staff first and are committed to flexible working practices and developing our staff’s professional capabilities. For more information about our organisation, please visit www.developmentpathways.co.uk.