International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Assignment Title: Business Development Consultant
Department/Location: Global Health
Technical Point of Contact: IBTCI Proposal Technical Lead
Using your proposal writing and subject matter skills, perform business development tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Advise IBTCI staff on India national and local tuberculosis (TB) programming, policy and systems issues to inform proposal development.
- Contribute to technical proposal write-up including development of concepts, frameworks, program, and study designs as appropriate for local (India) TB policy context.
- Utilize network of contacts in India Central and state governments, donors and other key TB stakeholders to identify and schedule meetings for IBTCI staff; attending meetings as needed.
- Interface and follow-up with potential local partners on behalf of IBTCI.
- Assist in the identification of relevant local literature on TB.
- Participate in proposal review meetings and serve as a reviewer of proposal sections.
- Provide input, critique and feedback on a variety of other technical writing products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize knowledge (inputs) into high-quality proposal outputs.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to assess proposal responsiveness against requirements and facilitate problem solving.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with others and work in teams, especially under pressure.
- Experience in projects that involve liaising with Indian government institutions and private sector players/corporates/healthcare providers/NGOs.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to coordinate with a team of professionals in the implementation of development efforts.
- Capacity to think creatively in dealing with policy and operational issues while maintaining a strong results-oriented approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with knowledge of Hindi strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Subject matter expertise in TB interventions across the full spectrum of care including evidence base on effective practices
- Expertise in TB programming India, including a depth of understanding of public and private healthcare systems in India.
- Senior-level experience working with local (Indian) government and/or international donors in TB programming
- Strong experience developing and writing successful proposals for international donors.
- Senior-level technical experience in TB programming for international donors AND/OR Indian Government, State and National Health Programs, and private institutions.
- Strong experience designing and managing TB programs contingent on measurable results.
- Oral and written English fluency required.
Education: Postgraduate degree in Public Health or MBBS with PSM or higher qualification.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: The consultant may travel to or within India.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.