Business Development Coordinator
Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
The Business Development (BD) Coordinator contributes to the company’s diversification and growth strategies and associated business development processes. The BD Coordinator assists in the identification and tracking of new business opportunities, both in international and domestic market places, and undertakes targeted market research to support strategic planning. The BD Coordinator also supports a broad range of tender preparation activities including; coordination of tender teams, preparing tender agreements and reviewing, editing and formatting tender documents. Applicants will need to work well within a small, dynamic team, have exceptional organisational skills and will be able to deliver high quality work within specified timelines.
A Terms of Reference providing further details of this opportunity is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers.
The Business Development Coordinator will:
- Undertake targeted market research to support business development strategies and opportunities;
- Support tender preparation activities in accordance with Business Development Policies and Procedures, including assisting with the review and management partner contributions to proposals and reviewing proposal content for quality and consistency
- Support the development and maintenance of strong external working relationships with current and potential partners, technical advisers and consultants;
- Assist with tracking business opportunities and maintain pipeline documentation
- Record minutes of business development and tender meetings and ensure follow up of all agreed actions;
- Regularly review relevant tender websites and alerts and flag potential opportunities;
- Undertake all necessary management and administrative duties to support business development activities;
- Contribute to the development and expansion of the centralised repository of business development resources;
- Support the continuous improvement of systems and processes;
- Other duties as required.
The preferred applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field such as political science, evaluation, economics, public policy, public health, international affairs or international development;
- Demonstrated organisational skills with excellent writing and computer skills;
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and communication skills;
- High-level ability to prioritise, plan and organise workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities
- A passion for excellence and a commitment to quality;
- Previous business development or programmatic work experience a plus;
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website at: http://www.abtassoc.com.au/careers/job-search/.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website, and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above. We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday 30th October 2017
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role.
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.