Business Development Editor, Arlington, VA
The editor will be dedicated to the business development unit. This individual will join a successful, dynamic and fun business development team. The successful candidate will mainly edit strategic, high-value proposals, responses to requests for information and expressions of interest for USAID, World Bank and other U.S. Government donors. The editor will transform copy into one voice with engaging, concise and clear language that is compliant with solicitation requirements. The editor will develop internal communications products and be open to writing proposal sections when needed. This position is based in Arlington, VA and will report to the deputy director of business development.
- Edit technical volumes and related documents such as CVs, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans, work plans and past performance references.
- Coordinate with content experts to resolve substantive questions, meaning, language and context of proposals. Translate content into accurate, clear and concise prose.
- Maintain consistency of voice, style, punctuation, spelling and grammar as well as logical, technical and narrative consistency.
- Identify and correct repetitious phrasing, inconsistencies and word choices that make passages ambiguous or unclear, and verbosity across different sections of the technical volume.
- Support formatting and production of technical volumes per client instructions.
- Write quarterly business development newsletter for headquarters and other internal communications products as needed.
- Write proposal sections including CVs, corporate capabilities and past performance as required.
- Ensure all materials follow MSI branding requirements and client instructions.
- Improve editorial and visual standards and recommend new formats and procedures as needed.
- Minimum of four years of proposal writing/editing, communication, marketing, publication or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, international development, political science or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in business development and/or international development.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint) products.
- Familiarity with AP Style, USAID terminology and MSI’s technical areas a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.