IMA World Health (IMA) is seeking an intern to work in IMA’s Business Development (BD) department, based in Washington, D.C. The intern would assist the BD team with building IMA’s international public health portfolio specializing in health systems strengthening, disease mitigation and capacity building. The intern will primarily support proposal efforts and contribute to the ongoing research of major donors, partners and competitors. This internship will offer candidates the opportunity to gain valuable skills, network, and learn about government contracting, global health and international business development.
- Assist with daily administration of BD department, proposal development, and related activities.
- Support proposal preparation through assistance with writing, editing, production, etc.
- Support technical assignments including research, data analysis and contribution to BD reports and presentations.
- Research, evaluate and assess donor and competitor/partner activity.
- Attend meetings and briefings and prepare meeting notes.
- Provide administration support.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience and qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
- Strong international interest; preference for interest and background knowledge of global health issues in the developing world.
- Must have completed at least one year of graduate studies in public health, international affairs or business administration.
- Solid writing and editing skills.
- Excellent research and organizational skills.
- Strong communication (oral, written) skills.
- Ability to self-manage, multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Solid computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About the Organization
IMA World Health is a non-profit, faith-based organization that that offers extensive expertise implementing programs to address integrated health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, non-communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. IMA maintains a diverse and complex funding portfolio made up of both grants and contracts that support program services across those countries and totals approximately $100 million annually.