Summary of Position
Fraym is looking for a high performer to join our sales, marketing, and growth team. The Business Development Manager will write proposals, find prospects, track opportunities, and help manage relationships.
This person will play a central role in building the revenue engine at a fast-growing startup. The ideal candidate has three or more years of relevant experience. S/he will be able to take initiative and tackle a wide range of responsibilities. We will put the manager in a position for significant career growth.
- Master Fraym’s product offerings, services, and potential impact. Be able to effectively articulate our unique value for organizations working across Africa.
- Put together proposals, pitches, and other business development materials and presentations. Maintain an extremely high level of quality.
- Coordinate teams and manage the proposal process for larger bids.
- Maintain and improve the CRM database. Analyze and report on the sales pipeline.
- Identify and track proposal opportunities and new sales prospects.
- Contribute to sales and partnership meetings.
- Represent Fraym at events.
- Occasional domestic and international travel.
Fraym is a fast-growing startup, and you should be ready and willing to pitch in on anything else that comes up.
- Initial experience with business development, marketing, or sales. History of successful sales or winning bids is of course a big plus.
- Track record of taking ownership and initiative in your previous roles.
Excellent written English (with relevant examples to demonstrate writing quality).
- Some experience in a relevant sector—e.g., data, technology, consulting, consumer goods, financial services, research, or international development.
- Familiarity with African geography, politics, and business. Working experience in Africa a big plus. Proficiency in a relevant language besides English also a big plus.
- Excellent academic credentials with a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Able to live and work in Washington, DC.
- Competitive salary, with performance- and target-based bonuses.
- Medical, dental, vision, etc.
- Opportunities for significant career advancement in a fast-growing startup.
About the Organization
Fraym is a venture-backed geospatial data analytics company focused exclusively on the African continent. Our platform is the only source of hyper-local, population-centered data on Africa. Until now, decision-makers had to rely on anecdotes, “gut feel,” or expensive primary surveys to make critical decisions. Fraym offers a better way. We provide data and customized analysis for investors, companies, foundations, development and government agencies, and financial institutions.