Deloitte’s International Donor Organisations’ group is looking for a senior manager with strong business development (BD) acumen, and experience working with international donors to assist with supporting and developing the growth of the IDO group across the continent. The role will be based in our Johannesburg, South Africa office.
The Senor Manager will be the main point of contact between IDO leadership, technical resources, and support functions in IDO capture and other enabling areas.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supports Deloitte leadership in developing IDO BD strategies and plans.
- Builds relationships with IDO clients throughout the region (understanding of USAID, European donors, and United Nations is required).
- Builds relationships with implementing partners.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of IDO business development strategies, active pursuits and pipeline.
- Advises on different contractual and pricing strategies.
- Assists in the development of capture plans, and proposals, and develops technical responses in area of expertise where possible.
- Provides guidance in a number of proposal development areas, including proposal coordination and backstopping, recruitment of local personnel and subcontractors, writing, editing, and information gathering field trips for both general scoping and specific RFP opportunities.
- Participates and guides go/no go decisions.
- Plays an active role in partner and sub-contractor selection.
- Provides advice to proposal teams on drafting teaming agreements with subcontractors and key personnel.
- Builds business development capacity within local member firms in chosen area of expertise.
- May support project implementation in area of technical expertise as required.
- Masters degree in a relevant field.
- + 10 years relevant work experience (including business development and/or technical implementation).
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement requirements and bidding experience.
- Ability to understand and operate in a complex organizational structure and operating environment.
- Problem solver and effective communicator.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, a builder of relationships at all levels of the firm.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Extensive experience working in Africa.
- Legally able to reside and work in South Africa.
About the Organization
Deloitte’s International Donor Organisations’ group provides services to a variety of governments and donors in the fields of Governance, Public Health, Infrastructure & Capital Projects, Economic Growth, and Energy.