International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department/Location: Business Development
Reports To: Vice President
Type: Regular Full-Time
International Business and Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a US-based international development consulting company, is seeking a Business Development Manager with experience to work in our Vienna, VA home office. This position starts immediately. IBTCI is seeking a highly skilled professional who has previous experience in a similar role.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of VP Finance or his designee:
- Lead, manage and capture business development activities and staff working on those activities (e.g. opportunity identification and qualification, bids and proposals, strategic vendor relationships, and strategic teaming agreements).
- Ensure timeliness and compliance of technical and cost proposals by managing proposal calendars, compliance checklists, trackers, etc.
- Oversee completion of all proposal components working in collaboration with the proposal team.
- Ensure technical cost proposal meets all solicitation requirements.
- Establish and execute a winning capture strategy, establishing partnerships, and shaping new business opportunities to match company capabilities and experience.
- Perform on-line, documentary and in-person research and analysis, as appropriate.
- Develop and present findings using written and verbal communications as required
- Coordinate with business development team and other departments as needed to meet IBTCI’s new business goals.
- Supervise and mentor Business Development Associate(s).
- Any other job duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience managing proposals of over $750k.
- Concentration in International Development, International Business, Marketing or a related field preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated by ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage proposals including analysis of RFP, translation into a work structure breakdown, schedule development and price proposal management.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience and familiarity with USG/USAID RFP/RFA/RFQs.
- Fluency in English; proficiency in at least one other language preferred.
- 3 years of business development experience.
- 3 years of experience managing employees.
- 5-10 years of total work experience.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Business/Business Administration, English or related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in a corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Some international travel may be required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.