It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for Business Development Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Business Development Team, the Business Development Manager will
- Lead and develop a business development strategy and an action plan based on the existing donor scoping and funding plan
- Establish specific targets for business development focussing on three to five key institutional and corporate donors in Pakistan
- Ensure WaterAid is well positioned within the market as a ‘go to’ agency for long term WASH programme delivery
- Grow a pipeline of funding opportunities across WaterAid Pakistan programmes from donor markets
- Support WaterAid Pakistan Senior Managers and other staff lead on donor engagement by preparing briefings, setting up meetings, accompanying and following up on key outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Institutional Fundraising and Partnership Team at WA UK and the South Asia Regional Funding Manager to further strengthen and manage key business development relationships in Pakistan
- Provide WaterAid team/ programmes with up-to-date intelligence on prioritised donors in the funding plan, their key funding partners, funding opportunities and donor terms and conditions. This should include specific information and guidance on cost recovery approaches with these donors.
- Enable effective qualification of donor funding opportunities by WaterAid staff/ programmes (e.g. Bid/ No Bid process) to improve conversion/success rates
- Enable effective formation of strong consortium around specific funding opportunities prior to bid development
To be successful, you’ll need to be
- Masters degree in related field
- Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and create successful partnerships
- Broad knowledge of a range of bilateral and multilateral institutional donors and CSR of corporate bodies
- Experience of consortia partnership
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilisation strategies
- Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with the WaterAid Federation and global country programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Find the job description below for full details of the role.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, apply through visiting http://wateraid.rozee.pk
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Pakistan.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
About the Organization
WaterAid is on a mission to change normal for millions of people within a generation by getting clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to everyone, everywhere by 2030. Without all three, people can't live dignified, healthy lives. With all three, they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty, and change their lives for good. Children grow up healthy and strong, women and men get to earn a living, whole communities start to thrive. It sounds normal and it should be.
WaterAid is a place for people looking for inspiring, stimulating work and a real spirit of togetherness - people with a commitment to our vision, an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important of challenges.
We are looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, who have an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also have the chance to grow and space to be yourself at your best.