The Business Development Manager is an integral part of the business development process for anticipated USAID programming. The Business Development Manager will participate in all aspects of the business development process and ensure close coordination and collaboration with the Senior Business Development Manager, Practice VPs, and BD Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides management and support for USAID new business pipeline development, in consultation with Practice VPs, Senior Business Development Manager, and BD Director;
- Provides input into bid/no-bid decisions and updates and maintains the pipeline tracker for the assigned practice
- Provides management, quality assurance and compliance with the client requirements on bid/capture efforts, across sectors, in the region
- Serves in proposal line roles such as: proposal manager, capture lead, and writer for all and any sections, personnel writer, institutional capability writer, annex writer, etc.
- Staffs bid/capture efforts and supports assigned practice management and team
- Serves as primary BD liaison. Attends regional staff and other relevant regional meetings, including country coordination meetings.
- Coordinates closely with technical teams in all aspects of capture and proposal processes
- Leads data analysis, reporting, and knowledge management to inform business development strategy and operations
- Conducts long-term and short-term strategic research that informs the growth strategy of the assigned Practices and/or regions
- Manages a database of partners, setting up meetings and facilitating relationships
- Maintains new business files, resources, tools
- Supports training program to build the capacity of business development across the division
- Develop and cultivate relationships with technical specialists, subject-matter experts, and professional writers to contribute to technical solution designs, reviews, and analysis of proposals and business development strategy within the practice
- Work closely with the practice area’s to deepen AECOM’s network of potential personnel and better understand client staffing needs
- 3+ years of experience in business development and proposal development in the donor-funded international development field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of capture and proposal processes
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with excellent writing and computer skills
- Demonstrated knowledge USAID rules and regulations
- Flexibility to assume a workload which frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities
- Ability to work and deliver under strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) along with organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- English language fluency required
- Ability to travel internationally to developing countries on short notice
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Experience working with USAID and internationally-based clients and colleagues
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.