The Business Development Manager is an integral part of the business development process for anticipated USAID programming. The Business Development Manager will participate in all aspects of the business development process and ensure close coordination and collaboration with the Senior Business Development Manager, Practice VPs, and Business Development Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides management and support for USAID new business pipeline development, in consultation with Practice VPs, Senior Business Development Manager, and BD Director;
- Provides input into bid/no-bid decisions and updates and maintains the pipeline tracker for the assigned practice;
- Provides management, quality assurance and compliance with the client requirements on bid/capture efforts, across sectors, in the region;
- Serves in proposal line roles such as: proposal manager, capture lead, and writer for all and any sections, personnel writer, institutional capability writer, annex writer, etc;
- Staffs bid/capture efforts and supports assigned practice management and team;
- Serves as primary BD liaison. Attends regional staff and other relevant regional meetings, including country coordination meetings;
- Coordinates closely with technical teams in all aspects of capture and proposal processes;
- Leads data analysis, reporting, and knowledge management to inform business development strategy and operations;
- Conducts long-term and short-term strategic research that informs the growth strategy of the assigned Practices and/or regions;
- Manages a database of partners, setting up meetings and facilitating relationships;
- Maintains new business files, resources, tools;
- Supports training program to build the capacity of business development across the division;
- Develop and cultivate relationships with technical specialists, subject-matter experts, and professional writers to contribute to technical solution designs, reviews, and analysis of proposals and business development strategy within the practice;
- Work closely with the practice areas to deepen AECOM’s network of potential personnel and better understand client staffing needs.
- 4+ years of experience in business development and proposal development in the donor-funded international development field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of capture and proposal processes
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with excellent writing and computer skills
- Demonstrated knowledge USAID rules and regulations
- Flexibility to assume a workload which frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities
- Ability to work and deliver under strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) along with organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally to developing countries on short notice
- Professional fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic
- Experience supervising and mentoring BD staff
How to Apply: Please send CV/resume that clearly shows you meet all qualifications requirements to: email@example.com with “Business Development Manager” in the subject line. Please include and a list of at least three professional referees that includes name, contact information, and work relationship to the referee.
About the Organization
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.