Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for over 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks a Business Development Manager who contributes to IntraHealth’s strategic growth by supporting efforts to cultivate donors and secure funds for the organization’s global programs in maternal, newborn and child health, HIV/AIDS, malaria, reproductive health and family planning and other priority health areas. The BD Manager does this by leading efforts to respond to business development opportunities, with an emphasis on growing IntraHealth’s portfolio of priority projects. This includes working highly collaboratively with US and country-based teams to guide achievement of business development goals. The BD Manager independently oversees and manages teams composed of staff, consultants, and external partners to develop proposals (ranging in value and complexity) in response to donor solicitations and requests that are aligned with organizational priorities. This position works to develop and maintain specialized knowledge of specific regions, countries, and technical areas of priority to the organization. In developing proposals, the BD Manager participates in project design, may contribute to writing key sections of proposals, and ensures all critical components of the proposal are successfully completed and the final proposal is submitted within deadline and to high quality standards. This position provides guidance and support for country office-based business development activities including, but not limited to, conducting capture trips, identifying local partner organizations, and engaging in strategic planning with country-based staff.
This position reports to the Business Development Director or Associate Director.
- Provides leadership in expanding IntraHealth’s portfolio in strategic program and technical areas and ensures alignment with IntraHealth’s core business.
- Leads proposal development teams, liaising with program, finance, communications, contracts, and country office staff to ensure high quality proposals that are grounded in best practices and compliant with donor requirements and regulations.
- Participates in capture trips to determine feasibility of pursuing particular opportunities and engages with donors and potential partners and staff, when we have a local presence.
- Works highly collaboratively with staff (US-based and in country offices) to develop and support country-level business development opportunities.
- Participates in and leads discussions with international and local non-governmental organizations to identify partnerships for proposals and future opportunities.
- Monitors and tracks business opportunities for priority countries, assesses organizational fit, and leads the development of bid decision recommendations.
- Engages directly in the development of proposals, contributing to technical design and to the writing/strengthening of key sections.
- Makes recommendations and develops tools that improve Business Development processes.
- Remains current on latest funding trends, policies, and innovations for health that align with the organization’s current and expanding core business.
- Support the cultivation of foundation donors and private sector partnerships
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years’ experience or Master’s Degree and 4 years’ experience in public health, international development or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the development of quality and winning proposals working with multiple partners and within tight deadlines.
- Overseas experience required, previous residence in a developing country desirable
- At least 3 years project management or team management experience
- An understanding of funding trends and relationships within global health, particularly related to the US government, particularly with USAID and CDC
- Ability to articulate IntraHealth’s capabilities to partners, and externally represent the organization
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to direct multiple projects, setting deadlines and monitoring activities of self and others diplomatically to timely completion
- Excellent writing and editing skills and attention to detail
- Experience with foundation and private sector partner cultivation desirable
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint
- Fluency in English required; French highly desirable
- Knowledge of logical frameworks or other project design concepts; previous project design experience strongly preferred
- Experience securing funding from foundation and other private sector donors
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Position is based in an office and involves sitting for most of the day.
- Ability to be flexible in a globally dynamic work environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, not to exceed 20% of working days per year
- Position requires occasionally lifting up to 10 lbs.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
About the OrganizationDedicated to strengthening health workers and the systems that support them, IntraHealth International has served the public health needs of developing countries for 30 years. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power of partnership, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
•Health workforce and systems strengthening
•Health worker training and performance
•Maternal, newborn and child health
•Family planning and reproductive health
•HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis prevention, treatment and care
•Malaria prevention and treatment
Founded in 1979 as the Intrah program at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, IntraHealth incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2003. We have worked in more than 75 countries throughout our history, and currently have programs in over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Eurasia. Our work is funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Pfizer, Inc., the Tides Foundation, and by individual contributors.
IntraHealth’s main office is in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We also have offices in Washington, DC, Armenia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Southern Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
More Jobs from this Organization