Scope is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team on a full-time basis for a year starting as soon as possible. Remote working is an option for this consultancy.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for generating sales and funding opportunities for Scope’s ambitious work across health, equality, gender and climate change, bringing about real change in the lives of historically underserved people globally.
In this role, the Business Development Manager will work with the partnerships team and Scope experts in executing our new business strategy. This will include generating sales leads, working with colleagues to develop new concepts, and turning these opportunities into winning contracts with Scope clients. The Business Development Manager will also support the team in delivering Scope’s external relations and communications strategy in support of our impact goals. This Business Development Manager will hence play a critical role in developing diverse and long-term partnerships with existing and new clients, as well as advocating for Scope’s creative problem-solving approach globally. Furthermore, play a key role in building relations and generating new investments from specific geographies as well as building Scope wide new business capabilities.
Key activities and tasks:
- Lead the delivery of Scope’s new business development strategy. Manage and collaborate with our interdisciplinary team in the implementation of the plan, with a focus on diversifying Scope’s client base.
- Research and analyse the health, gender, equality and climate sector trends, shifts and stakeholder strategies, bringing this knowledge into programme design, planning and sales.
- Work with teams to identify emerging opportunities linked to the achievement of Scope’s social mission goals and company strategy.
- Liaise with clients and partners in designing new opportunities for social impact, developing these into funded programmes together with the team.
- Develop outstanding concept notes as well as clear proposal narratives, budgets, monitoring and evaluation frameworks in collaboration with Scope’s interdisciplinary team.
- Support the development, roll out and management of organization-wide systems and tools for client management and new business development.
- Lead reporting to the board on new business strategy execution.
Partnerships and Communication
- Work closely with the CEO and teams to help position Scope with clients and decision-makers globally.
- Identify and follow through on opportunities to raise the profile of Scope’s work through events, conferences and client-focused meetings.
For full position details and applying, click Apply Now below.
About the Organization
Scope is a social impact company with over a decade of experience in improving the health and development outcomes of underrepresented populations globally. We focus on issues of gender, health and equity.
Fuelled by a human-centred design (HCD) approach, Scope’s intervention innovation methodology is tailored to address complex, multi-causal societal problems, enabling interdisciplinary collaboration and responsiveness to nuanced needs as well as supporting inclusive co-production of outcomes. Our way of working is modular and can be adapted to any stage of the programme cycle.
The methodology facilitates radical collaboration across interdisciplinary teams and wide partnerships to achieve innovation and impact goals. Our staff are based globally and in-house expertise includes service and product designers, creatives, researchers, communications experts as well as international development and global health specialists. In addition, we have a network of over 400 partners and partner organisations with whom we collaborate with across Asia, Africa and the Americas.
Over recent years, we have adapted to also focus on capacity building and skills transfer for partners, systems actors and stakeholders across all project phases. Many of our programmes contain a learning component, which accompanied with mentoring from Scope’s team ensures the continued use of HCD methodology among participants after our role on the project ends.
Scope’s current and previous partners include, among others, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, UNFPA, World Health Organization, and Management Sciences for Health.