Share Big Dreams
At World Vision, we’re sharing a big dream for children. One that moves beyond just clean water, food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends—life in all its fullness.
We want the same for our staff: big dreams, a career of significance, and fullness of life. Share your skills and experience in proposal development so you can share a full life with children in need. View our “Who We Are” clip here.
World Vision is looking for a Business Development Manager
This position will position World Vision US and National Offices for anticipated funding opportunities. Coordinate and manage all components of the proposal development process, ensuring a high quality and timely submission. Manage post submission and lessons learned processes. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Identify and analyze relevant upcoming funding opportunities through advance intelligence gathering. Identify relevant technical, partner, and proposal development resources to use in pursuing new funding opportunities.
- Manage pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning, including: provisional go/no-go decision process, identification of partners and other scopes of work, development of win-themes, participation in pre-design meetings, and drafting sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation, as appropriate.
- Work with US and field based technical specialists and consortium partners to plan, coordinate and facilitate design workshops. Support field teams to collect relevant country and technical area information that informs design.
- Ensure quality completion of inputs to proposal technical submission, including the setting, collating, and editing of proposal sections; managing internal proposal review process; coordination and quality-checking of partners(s)’ inputs to the technical application; and completing required proposal annexes.
- Provide technical inputs to field and US-based finance officers to support completion of the cost application in alignment with the technical program design. Manage partners’ inputs to the cost application.
- Support recruitment process to ensure identification and inclusion of qualified key personnel in proposals.
- Contribute to collecting and sharing proposal development lessons learned after proposal submission.
- For funded proposals, coordinate program design hand over to program manager(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services and regular prayer.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience (eight years).
- Master’s degree in Health, Education, International Development or related technical discipline strongly preferred.
- In addition to education or education equivalent, requires work experience in international relief and development.
- Experience must include a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Candidate with Public health or social services background a plus.
- Experience with USG solicitation is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought.
About the Organization
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. To learn more about working at World Vision, see our career website at: http://www.worldvision.org/about-us/job-opportunities